Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there was wondering if I could use some 821 handguards on my 2008 1100 hypermotard! Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Should work. I think the stock one have notches that line up with the stock bars so you'd need to notch the bar or remove those. That said, the plastic hand guards are pretty fragile, if you're putting in the effort to add hand guards, why not get something with a metal backbone?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should work. I think the stock one have notches that line up with the stock bars so you'd need to notch the bar or remove those. That said, the plastic hand guards are pretty fragile, if you're putting in the effort to add hand guards, why not get something with a metal backbone?

Thanks for the answer, thing is I want to put them because of blinkers

·
1st Gen Hypermotard Hooligan
992 Posts
Personally, I'd find a set of 1st gen Hyper handguards with the LEDs to put on instead of the 821s...

Reactions: cmejia1978

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Personally, I'd find a set of 1st gen Hyper handguards with the LEDs to put on instead of the 821s...

I’ve digging but no luck so far just ebay... each at 350+shipping

·
Registered
663 Posts
0:)
I’ve digging but no luck so far just ebay... each at 350+shipping
Yup, the OEM 1st-gen handguards must be some of the most valuable pieces of unpainted black plastic on the market.

If it’s blinkers you want, some of the aftermarket brands offer bespoke LED blinkers to go with their handguards (I know BarkBusters do, it’s somewhere on my “to-do” mods list).

Alternatively, you can fit LED blinkers somewhere else on the front, someone here (seank maybe? I find myself referring to his bike quite often) has them on the fork uppers. If that’s kosher where you are, then it’d free up your handguard options.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Common problem.
Those handguards are expensive, impossible to find 2nd hand (for a decent price) & worst of all they are crap!:smile2: By that I mean wrong material (too fragile), & poor design - the little tabs that locate to the bar ends just snap off at the slightest knock, then the guards just flop about. :frown2: Should at least have had tabs as big as the bar ends have & small ones on the bar ends instead. Can only have been deliberate built in obsolescense so Ducati can earn some parts money.

The 2nd gen hyper ones seem to be cheaper at least. I gave up & fitted some basic off-road polisport guards & have been fighting with aftermarket LED signals instead! :crazy:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Common problem.

Those handguards are expensive, impossible to find 2nd hand (for a decent price) & worst of all they are crap!:smile2: By that I mean wrong material (too fragile), & poor design - the little tabs that locate to the bar ends just snap off at the slightest knock, then the guards just flop about. :frown2: Should at least have had tabs as big as the bar ends have & small ones on the bar ends instead. Can only have been deliberate built in obsolescense so Ducati can earn some parts money.

The 2nd gen hyper ones seem to be cheaper at least. I gave up & fitted some basic off-road polisport guards & have been fighting with aftermarket LED signals instead! :crazy:

Thanks! Could you share some pics pleaseeee?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts