Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hampton Roads, VA - Ducati owner group ride

All interested parties please pick a weekend and location in the Hampton Roads area (Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Newport News, Hampton). The location should be easily accessed and NOT in a heavy traffic area. A mid-September or October date is preferable.

Thanks to ShadowROne for the suggestion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
September?

This is SpeedTV's schedule below for September, I would like to go for a ride one of these Sunday mornings and then meet up after at Hometown Heroes (http://www.restaurant.com/microsite-ebay.asp?rid=312854) to watch the MotoGP race. I know the owner and he gives us 10% off our bill and bike parking right up front on the sidewalk.

Select a one of the dates below and post it:

Sunday September 10th
5:00 pm MotoGP World Championship - Malaysian Grand Prix
6:00 pm MotoGP 250 - Malaysian Grand Prix

Sunday September 17th
4:00 pm MotoGP World Championship - Australian Grand Prix
5:00 pm MotoGP 250 - Australian Grand Prix

Sunday September 24th
1:00 pm MotoGP World Championship - Japan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Poe's pub in Richmond, VA September 10th

Yes I know I plan on going to Richmond September 10th but it also depends on what punishment is handed out to me this Tuesday (29 August) in Henrico county circuit court. It is very possible that I may have a restricted license so I'll have to wait and see what happens. Anyway there is some great riding just past Richmond, and then a nice ride back to Hampton Roads through Jamestown. I hope that I can make it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
Dunlop said:
Yes I know I plan on going to Richmond September 10th but it also depends on what punishment is handed out to me this Tuesday (29 August) in Henrico county circuit court. It is very possible that I may have a restricted license so I'll have to wait and see what happens. Anyway there is some great riding just past Richmond, and then a nice ride back to Hampton Roads through Jamestown. I hope that I can make it.
WHat the hell happened? Got caught speeding ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,610 Posts
I don't know about it being a Ducati Owner's group event, but I am back in town after 6 weeks of being with out my bike and will be doing a 100+ mile loop starting and ending in Suffolk. Planning for Sunday Sept 3rd (Ernesto permitting)... PM for the meeting spot if interested. Plan to depart at 1000 from the spot.

Sane(ish) pace, little traffic, decent roads (for the area). I don't stop much when I ride, but if you gotta pee, what the hell. No after ride activities are planned, but lunch somewhere is always a decent idea.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No Poe's

I did not end up going this Sunday morning, but I plan on making it next month to the Sunday October 8th biker brunch. Is anyone going to watch the Malaysia MotoGP race today? I will probably go to Hometown Heroes to watch if anyone is interested.

Sunday September 10th
5:00 pm MotoGP World Championship - Malaysian Grand Prix
6:00 pm MotoGP 250 - Malaysian Grand Prix
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is there anybody out there?

So I guess no one is interested in this? I am still interested who else is? Let's make this happen before December! I transfer in March 2007 so lets get something going pronto!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,913 Posts
Since I am officially off the street I can't do any riding with you guys. Also Chesapeake is a LONG ways away from DC for me.

If you guys wanted to meet up at Motoeuropa or something to hang out and meet each other one weekend I may be tempted to drive down. But sorry guys can't go to Chesapeake.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
grendels_arm said:
Since I am officially off the street I can't do any riding with you guys. Also Chesapeake is a LONG ways away from DC for me.

If you guys wanted to meet up at Motoeuropa or something to hang out and meet each other one weekend I may be tempted to drive down. But sorry guys can't go to Chesapeake.
I'm all over that, actually.

Hey Donlup (don't correct my spelling), I might be interested in coming East for a ride witchoos.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,493 Posts
Kirigakure said:
I'm all over that, actually.

Hey Donlup (don't correct my spelling), I might be interested in coming East for a ride witchoos.
Scott: Want to see if he wants to come up and hang out while I am waiting on my service? Its not the weekend though but it could be fun. He could meet up with us for lunch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not this weekend

Maybe next weekend (21-22 October) I can meet up with you guys. I am already booked this weekend with some stuff I should have done two weeks ago. I still have to go up to DC later this month to quote / possibly repair a Gallardo bumper so maybe I can stop by on the way back.

HOPEFULLY I can get these other local latte drinkers to go for a ride. I think they have some sort of Cinderella Ducati motorcycles where if they are not back in the garage in less than 90 minutes they transform into a Buell or Suzuki SV650!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Orders approved

Okay slugs so I finally have my orders approved for Ridgecrest, CA in February 2007, so before it begins to drop below 35 lets get a damn ride together! Are you girls game or what? This weekend November 11th or 12th let me know!

This weekend November 11th or 12th let me know!
This weekend November 11th or 12th let me know!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,493 Posts
Dunlop said:
Okay slugs so I finally have my orders approved for Ridgecrest, CA in February 2007, so before it begins to drop below 35 lets get a damn ride together! Are you girls game or what? This weekend November 11th or 12th let me know!

This weekend November 11th or 12th let me know!
This weekend November 11th or 12th let me know!
Damn dude wanted to meet you before you left. Scott (Kirgakure) had said good stuff about you. I rode for 3 hours today around UVA and Cville. I would try to squeeze another ride out before the temps go down but that Hwy shiznit is chilly as hell at 50 degrees. Scotts 748 is looking terminal too. He is talking himself into a 749S I think. You guys staying down your neck of the woods?
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top