Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this isn't the classified section, but since this is where the vintage crowd hangs out, I'll post it here. You read it right, my TT2 is for sale.

The craigslist posting:

Here for sale we have one of the rarest and most amazing racebikes ever designed, a Ducati TT2. Designed for complete dominance in the newly created Formula 2 class in the early 80's, they achieved that and more. As the Ducati factory actually made very few, other framebuilders quickly got into the act: Harris, Verlicchi, Maltry, and others made their own competitive versions of this quick little bike. One of the earliest bikes with a rear monoshock, it made the most of the new Ducati Pantah motor, the 2:1 exhaust giving them a unforgettable sound signature.

This example includes:
Early-80's Werner Maltry TT2 frame
Dry-clutch Alazzurra 650 motor with 2:1 exhaust
Verlicchi round-strut swingarm
Harris aluminum tank
Amsoil synthetic 20W50 oil
Dellorto PHF36 carburetors, freshly rebuilt
520 chain conversion (Ed Milich countershaft sprocket)
Marvic Magnesium 3.5" front wheel
Brembo 4.5" aluminum rear wheel
Ducati SS/SP floating rear brake setup
Works Performance custom shock, rebuilt last season
Showa 41mm fork
AP Lockheed calipers with new seals and new stainless steel pistons, custom billet caliper adapters
Nissin remote-reservoir brake and clutch master cylinders
Woodcraft clip-ons
Currently in Ducati F1 road bodywork.
Competitive in USCRA Period IV Formula 2, lockwired and ready to race

Frame has headstock with VIN from 1985 Alazzurra, and bike can be registered as such. Also has the Allie wiring harness, but no lights, horn, speedo, etc,. . . if you're interested in putting it on the road.

This bike is wonderful to ride, and has far more potential than this old lady can touch. It was part of the amazing TT1/TT2/F1 lineup at Lou Saif's gathering in NYC this spring. This isn't a showbike -although it could be- it's a racebike, or the coolest track-day bike ever. The muffler has a good scuff on it, and she could use some cosmetics, for sure. It's posted on Craigslist at $9000, but, I'm realistic, and open to sincere offers from enthusiasts. If you're seriously interested, try me.
[/IMG]

·
Registered
141 Posts
Gail, Do you have a few more photos to share? Also does the bike have any TT plastics or does it only have the F1 clothes?
Feel free to Pm me so we can discuss offline.

BTW - why are you selling - from what I read on .MS I assumed you were thoroughly in love with this little beast?

Ted

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PM sent. Yes, I do love the bike, but there's always another project.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts