Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I received my letter in the mail as well. I have to be honest, I about cried a little after reading this. Hall's is hands down the best shop I've ever dealt with, regardless of make. They have such a great reputation in the Midwest, but I guess they can't move enough product to justify the dealership.

While it was comforting to hear that they will continue to service Ducatis, knowing that they'll have to shut down their service computer certainly means that they won't be able to do much. Especially anything that needs a computer to reset codes, intervals, etc. I guess I'll have to go to St. Louis for the valve jobs on my 2012 MTS.

RIP Hall's - Maybe you'll make a comeback someday.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I received my letter in the mail as well. I have to be honest, I about cried a little after reading this. Hall's is hands down the best shop I've ever dealt with, regardless of make. They have such a great reputation in the Midwest, but I guess they can't move enough product to justify the dealership.

While it was comforting to hear that they will continue to service Ducatis, knowing that they'll have to shut down their service computer certainly means that they won't be able to do much. Especially anything that needs a computer to reset codes, intervals, etc. I guess I'll have to go to St. Louis for the valve jobs on my 2012 MTS.

RIP Hall's - Maybe you'll make a comeback someday.

While this does suck for you guys, let me rest your mind that Andrew Dinan at MotoEuropa in st louis is THE best ducati tech in the midwest. He's a master certified tech, and all around great dude. So is the shop.

·
Registered
46 Posts
While this does suck for you guys, let me rest your mind that Andrew Dinan at MotoEuropa in st louis is THE best ducati tech in the midwest. He's a master certified tech, and all around great dude. So is the shop.
Thanks for the recommendation. I have family in the St. Louis area so I would be more inclined to head there over the Chicago area.

·
Registered
230 Posts
That is sad indeed...Halls has been a great dealer forever. I am lucky to have a great Ducati dealer with MCC in the Chicago area. My multi is my first Ducati but so far I have been more then impressed with my dealer which helps me be more comfortable over all with my purchase, hehe.

·
Premium Member
5,149 Posts
Sad to hear of another good shop ditching the brand, Mellimoto in Fla. also turned in their dealership this spring as well and they were a top dealer for Ducati. I know of a couple more that are on the bubble and they all do it with regret. It seems new bike sales have been flat for long enough that the flooring costs are killing them, No help from the mother ship as they only care about the corporate bottom line . Less so about quality of service and customer satisfaction.

I have never been to Halls but I have purchased Husky parts from them in the past, always got the impression they were a old school family run operation. The kind of place motorcyclists like to visit and belong and seen more as a friend than a walking dollar sign. I hope them the best and worry about where the brand (Ducati) is heading.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I received my letter as well. Sucks! I bought 2 Ducati's from them, the sales and service dept was great. All the guys were very helpful, sad to see them not a dealer any longer. They will continue to do regular maintenance but warranty work and major repairs they cannot. Such an easy drive from my house to there as well. St. Louis is to far so I'll have to go into Chicago. Sucks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts