Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Official Retired Person
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all those that still have hair growing on your head, I have a couple of questions

When was your last haircut?
I was scheduled for a haircut last Tuesday but that got stopped by the States stay at home order.

When do you think you will get your next haircut?
I've rescheduled for next month but it's only 3 days after the end of the stay at home order so even that may not happen now.

What do you think you will do if you don't get a professional haircut for some time?
I'm thinking of the time I spent in college when money was tight and a haircut was just not that important. Let it grow!

Future pictures possible. ?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I got one just before the stay at home order closed the base barber shop. These days I’ve gone back to the flat top I wore when I was young. Thus, I now require a haircut every couple of weeks or so to keep the top flat. Not looking good for that. I need one tomorrow really but I can wait another week. I don’t know if the barber shop will reopen by then though. That and all the active duty guys will be packing the place full to get themselves back into regs....sean

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,866 Posts
The last time I went to a barber was first week in January. Since then I just been buzzing it off myself.

Warning! Do not try to cut your own hair when drinking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
4,911 Posts
They still sell Flowbees. Never known anyone who used one though.

When the kids were toddlers, I bought a set of clippers and gave them a buzz cut. My wife wasn't too happy about that. Too bad I don't have those clippers anymore.
;)

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
For all those that still have hair growing on your head, I have a couple of questions

When was your last haircut?
I was scheduled for a haircut last Tuesday but that got stopped by the States stay at home order.

When do you think you will get your next haircut?
I've rescheduled for next month but it's only 3 days after the end of the stay at home order so even that may not happen now.

What do you think you will do if you don't get a professional haircut for some time?
I'm thinking of the time I spent in college when money was tight and a haircut was just not that important. Let it grow!

Future pictures possible. ?
I always let my hair grow over the winter and get it cut after I ride once and it gets in my face and is annoying... but yea I'm in the same boat... want a cut but can't get one. I may have my wife do it.

I think I last had it cut in September maybe.

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I've been able to afford bikes because I haven't paid for a haircut in probably 2 decades. Wahl clippers.
We have a set of those. Still, I go to a barber because we have one right near where I work. I've been going there for 25 years. And, I change up my hair style once in a while. It's waaaaay less money than anywhere outside the base gates. That, and after 23 years in the military, I can't see myself with long hair ever again. As soon as it tickles my neck, it's time to go.

I changed it up over the winter and got a flat top again. I hadn't worn my hair this way in probably a dozen years....but what I had was basically just a grown out flat top. Only because it was the last hair style I had before I let it grow. Anyway, now I have to keep it up so that means a fresh cut every 2-3 weeks. Otherwise, it just looks like crap. Yeah, I still care about that.....when my head is not in a helmet anyway......sean

·
Señor Member
8,156 Posts
Because I keep mine relatively short, I was going to the barbershop every two weeks. Then came the lock down. I threatened my GF I would either let it grow long or cut it myself as I have a set of clippers and would just do a buzz cut. Then I found out my barber was taking appointments on the dl. Got mine cut on Tuesday, I’m good for two weeks. And because they’re not as busy as normal I tipped heavily.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I usually wait until it's overdue, then wait some more.
I hate getting my hair cut. I want to be a Lumberjack and sing. You know the song. :ROFLMAO:

I'm overdue. My barber is a 1 man shop, walk in, no appointments.
On the plus side he is quick and usually only a short wait.
Have not gone by to see.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts