Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
9,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hell yes motherlovers!

According to worldsbk.com Haga is already on a rehabilitation program and will be back in time for Brno.

He admitted that he wiped out cause he wasn't content with coming in second since he had already lost considerable ground to Spies in the points standings. So he basically overstepped his limits instead of getting valuable points (sounds like the old Haga! :mad:).

The good news is that the season just got interesting again.

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/latest-news/810-haga-back-at-brno.html

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Remorseful Haga after his first crash which was his fault this season. I'm really glad he said what he said because he could come back WAY stronger and ready to fight, but not stupidly. Brno and Nürnberg are going to be the two races to tell all. Spies doesn't know either of them and Haga has done very well in previous years at both. Plus, there is a 1 month break between them as well, making ample time for Haga's recovery.

I predict the reality will be; Spies takes over the lead in the championship. He now has a purpose and has said to an Italian magazine, if he wins the championship this season, he'll be in MotoGP 2010. This means, Haga could try again next season with Spies gone... Personally, I want Haga to kick-ass and win against all odds, but you can't deny Spies has done well at the last 2 rounds, well enough to seal the deal if he can do it 2 more times...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
144 Posts
I don't think Nori will be a threat at Brno for a top 5 finish (maybe),rather just out there to salvage some points. The good news is he has even more time before Nurburgring, to fully recover and come back stong! Haga is a fighter, So If Ben takes the lead after Brno- I think we will see the Samurai Again!!!!After all he has always had to come back from behind at this stage, and we know he can do it.:D Ben is not out of the clear just yet with Fabrizio, so We may see another shocker at the end of the month.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Glad to here Haga is coming back so soon. I was going to be dissapointed if Spies walked into the championship off Haga's crash.
This should make for an interesting points race the rest of the season... I expect that Haga will tough it out and put up ok finishes at Brno but Spies will come out of there with the points lead.
It seems that a fractured ulna would make late breaking nearly impossible.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
I don't think Nori will be a threat at Brno for a top 5 finish (maybe),rather just out there to salvage some points.
Ohh... IDK about that. Remember when he broke his collar bone and went out to take the double? If Haga isn't on the podium in the next round, he can LITERALLY kiss the championship good bye. He's gonna be pushing for a win and its a good opportunity for him because Ben doesn't know the track. ;)

Will Haga be at 100? surly not... he probably hasn't been exercising or eating well. But he will be rested and hopefully somewhat healed. It would be great to do the double, thats what my fingers are crossed for. But as pointed out above, all we're doing is speculating once again! :rolleyes:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
8,729 Posts
There is no way Haga will win the championship unless Ducati finds a way to get more power out of the 1198, or if the governing body will allow Ducati to open up the air restrictors. Spie's bike is super fast, blows everything away, its pretty obvious that is the case. It will be a miracle for Haga to maintain his slim lead and I worried earlier he was showing some signs of inconsistency. In the past he would blow up the field and the very next race he would look like he didn't really care, he just cruised. I hope I'm wrong, I feel Haga deserves it, but he is gonna have to dig deep and I don't think that will be enough based on the power of the Yamaha.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ben "should" be leading the title chase at this point with his victories, But he's Not!!! So don't assume he will be problem free for the remaining rounds...We have seen how fast haga's gap grew,now how it shrunk and it just show's us that misfortune has helped/hurt the results for both riders. It's still a 3 way battle, and will most likely come down to the final rounds..

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Ohh... IDK about that. Remember when he broke his collar bone and went out to take the double? If Haga isn't on the podium in the next round, he can LITERALLY kiss the championship good bye. He's gonna be pushing for a win and its a good opportunity for him because Ben doesn't know the track. ;)
A broken collar bone and a broken ulna are not really comparable... With a collar bone break it is hard to lift your arm above your head, but pushing and pulling on handle bars wouldnt be affected much other than pain... I think with the ulna it is going to be a different story. I think Haga will be very limited when it come to pushing and pulling on the bars..... Haga can ride through the pain, but when you body is broken sometimes it just wont work pain or no pain.
Why does Bens knowledge of the track keep coming up? Almost race this year has been on a track that Ben didnt know. It wasnt an issue then and it wont be an issue now
also if Haga were to finish 10th both races and Spies were to get the double... Haga would only be 24 points behind with another month to rest up before the next race. I agree that by the end of Brno it should be Spies championship to lose, but considering the bad luck this year you cant count Haga out.

There is no way Haga will win the championship unless Ducati finds a way to get more power out of the 1198, or if the governing body will allow Ducati to open up the air restrictors. Spie's bike is super fast, blows everything away, its pretty obvious that is the case.
I dont think that the Yamaha has more power than the Ducati.... It seems to me that Ben is super fast and the Yamaha is so so. Ben is making most of his time on the brakes not on the gas.

Is anyone here really suprised that Haga put himself in this situation??

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
There is no way Haga will win the championship unless Ducati finds a way to get more power out of the 1198, or if the governing body will allow Ducati to open up the air restrictors. Spie's bike is super fast, blows everything away, its pretty obvious that is the case. It will be a miracle for Haga to maintain his slim lead and I worried earlier he was showing some signs of inconsistency. In the past he would blow up the field and the very next race he would look like he didn't really care, he just cruised. I hope I'm wrong, I feel Haga deserves it, but he is gonna have to dig deep and I don't think that will be enough based on the power of the Yamaha.
I don't see the power of the R1 really, its actually under powered compared to its Japanese brethren (210rwhp). Valencia has a LONG straight, yet Haga still clocked the fastest times and took the double without anyone getting near him. What we're seeing is a rider who is really a step above the rest. I think Ben could ride any bike out there, even the "under-powered Ducati" and pull the same results.

Per our discussions previously, if Spies didn't have his two crashes and multiple break-down's, he'd be 100+ points ahead of Haga.

A broken collar bone and a broken ulna are not really comparable... With a collar bone break it is hard to lift your arm above your head, but pushing and pulling on handle bars wouldnt be affected much other than pain... I think with the ulna it is going to be a different story. I think Haga will be very limited when it come to pushing and pulling on the bars..... Haga can ride through the pain, but when you body is broken sometimes it just wont work pain or no pain.
Pushing and pulling on the bars is very hard to do with the collar bone injury as well. In fact, in roadracing its very rare for someone to ride with a collar bone injury, broken arms are pretty standard. I think he'll have no problems riding the bike from that injury. Don't forget, it will be 24 days since released from the hospital to the next time he's on a bike. Thats not a long time to heal, but it is something. Mick Doohan rode with completely destroyed legs before, with casts on and still won a championship.

Why does Bens knowledge of the track keep coming up? Almost race this year has been on a track that Ben didnt know. It wasnt an issue then and it won't be an issue now.
I should have re-phrased; Tracks Spies doesn't know BUT Haga has won at. There are lots of tracks Spies didn't know, but they were Haga's strongest tracks. Valencia, Kaylami, Donington Park, Brno, Nürnberg, those are Haga's strongest tracks. I assume he'll go well at other circuits, but he's done some amazing things at those tracks and won Valencia/Kaylami... lets hope he can do the double at Brno and Nürnberg.

I agree that by the end of Brno it should be Spies championship to lose, but considering the bad luck this year you cant count Haga out.
Its been Spies championship to loose from day one. He's got a knack for qualifying (of which the other teams are slowly picking up) and it makes him seem like a god out there. I think Spies is due for some more bad luck and Haga seems to have learned his lesson pretty well. Five more rounds and its all over, seems like it just started! :(

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Yes... Haga hit the reset button when he crashed and made this thing a dog fight.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Its been Spies championship to loose from day one...
Care to explain this statement? I'm not sure I follow the logic here. It's Ben's rookie year in WSBK and he is on a new bike.

In racing those 2 things don't usually go hand in hand with being set to win a championship. :confused:

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Care to explain this statement? I'm not sure I follow the logic here. It's Ben's rookie year in WSBK and he is on a new bike.

In racing those 2 things don't usually go hand in hand with being set to win a championship. :confused:
Well, it is Ben's year to loose, not Haga's. Ben just came off his 3rd AMA title, he's use to winning races, no matter what it takes. He brought in his own guys and made it happen. Remember Bayliss @ Valencia GP 2006? He destroyed everyone on the GP machine, made everyone look like rookies, yet he couldn't do jack shit with the same bike in years previous. Its because he brought in his own guys from WSBK and did what nobody else thought he could do and won. All of that only to say; Ben is amazing...

Yes, I want Haga to win the championship and Fabrizio to be 2nd, but you've gotta admit, Ben has "command" over the championship, even if he's behind in points. If he's on the bike he's either winning or having a technical issue, which takes him out of the lead.

·
comrade moderator
26,771 Posts
Mick Doohan never rode with casts on his legs, and it's been Haga's championship to lose this year. This was supposed to be a learning year for Ben. Remember, he's never seen most of these tracks, and with Bayliss gone, Haga is set to finally win...etc...

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Mick Doohan never rode with casts on his legs, and it's been Haga's championship to lose this year. This was supposed to be a learning year for Ben. Remember, he's never seen most of these tracks, and with Bayliss gone, Haga is set to finally win...etc...
Ok, so the press was lying about them having to build a special boot for his cast... I can't find the article, if you care to argue (I'm always up for that) find one online, I'd love to read more about it. ;)

Not until recently did I watch the 1990 WSBK season with the up and coming Polen from AMA and how it did take him sometime to get rolling, but once on the factory bike, he literally made everyone else look like rookies. He did exactly what Spies is doing this season, only... I still don't think Spies is gonna win the championship his first year out. He's still not had enough crashes and he'll be pushing extra hard to win, because he wants that title!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Is anyone here really suprised that Haga put himself in this situation??
This is racing... Could have happened to anyone out there.. People lable Haga a crasher, but he has been doing this alot longer than most out there!! Ben has also crashed more this season, than in his whole career and May be labled the same way if his routine continues. Ben was lucky enough to walk away from his this season, Nori wasn't this time- When you ride on the edge, it's only a matter of time before you get bitten- Ben is on the edge from lap 1- and he is just one mistake away from the same out come. Who else is running so hard into corners to do clear wheel off the ground stoppies??? That might be his posion! Luck is a big part of racing, some have it more than others.....

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
This is racing... Could have happened to anyone out there.. People lable Haga a crasher, but he has been doing this alot longer than most out there!! Ben has also crashed more this season, than in his whole career and May be labled the same way if his routine continues. Ben was lucky enough to walk away from his this season, Nori wasn't this time- When you ride on the edge, it's only a matter of time before you get bitten- Ben is on the edge from lap 1- and he is just one mistake away from the same out come. Who else is running so hard into corners to do clear wheel off the ground stoppies??? That might be his posion! Luck is a big part of racing, some have it more than others.....
Ben situation in relation to this championship is completely different from Haga's.... Ben (up untill Haga's crash) was in a distant 2nd. He had more to gain than to lose by pushing that hard. Haga had more to lose, and has now probably lost it. Yes "luck" is involves in racing but when it comes to crashing luck is rarely involved. It is just the same as riding on the street you calculate the risk and decide how fast you want to go and how hard you want to push... the hot headed uncalculated riders are the ones who find themselve on the ground thinking "this is the end"
Haga is labeled a crasher because he has done this for several years now and this is not the 1st time that he has put himself in this situation.
Spies on the other hand reminds me more of Lorenzo of last year... he is racing to win every race because that is what it is going to take for him to win this championship at this point. I promise you one thing... When Ben get a big enough points lead that he doesnt have to win every race, he will go into championship mode and be a different type of racer. That is exactly what Haga lacks is championship mode riding. That is why as long as there is stiff competition in the field Haga will never win a championship. He obvioulsy has the speed its the self control he lacks

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Pushing and pulling on the bars is very hard to do with the collar bone injury as well. In fact, in roadracing its very rare for someone to ride with a collar bone injury, broken arms are pretty standard. I think he'll have no problems riding the bike from that injury.

. I think Spies is due for some more bad luck and Haga seems to have learned his lesson pretty well. Five more rounds and its all over, seems like it just started! :(
I have riden with a broken collar bone... It sucks because it hurt yes.... but the you can still do everything you need to on the bike and even go fast is you keep you body position right... The only thing that my body would physically not do with a broken collar bone was lift my arm above my head.
Ive never had a broken ulna but I would imagine that it is going to make cetain motions with the wrist impossible. It would also probably be impossible to do a push up which is the same and hard braking minus the g force...

Hasnt Spies had enough bad luck this season:confused:

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
I have riden with a broken collar bone...
For real? Your a braver man then I. Last time I checked, very few racers ride with collar bone injuries, but broken arms, hands, feet, fingers... yea, those don't ever seem to effect the riders. LOL :rolleyes: (yes, I'm joking)

Hasnt Spies had enough bad luck this season:confused:
Naaa, until the bike blows up in a bellow of smoke, he hasn't had enough bad luck. I don't want him to crash or something, but Yamaha needs to learn how to make that new R1 work. If it takes them loosing a championship because of a bad bike, so be it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts