Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't it funny how two tiny bits of machined aluminum can change the look of the bike so drastically? And I can read the speedo now... Did anyone else who has done this find that they had to grind the underside of the guages to make clearance for the bolt head? Now all I have to do is wait for my Shark exhaust to arrive, and the winter metamorphosis will be complete. Zard slip-ons (2006 monoposto) going to be going up for sale soon...

·
That cost how much?
398 Posts
I'm waiting for my brackets to show up. Should be this week. Can't wait!

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Zard slip-ons (2006 monoposto) going to be going up for sale soon...
How much for the Zard slip-ons? I've been interested in these for a while but would like to find a good used set.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
... Did anyone else who has done this find that they had to grind the underside of the guages to make clearance for the bolt head?...
Nope.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Did anyone else who has done this find that they had to grind the underside of the guages to make clearance for the bolt head?
Without knowing much about this mod (I dont think it applies to my S ) I'd suggest that the underside of the clock housing will be similar to a monster in that it will have a moulded lip on the bottom face. I used a simple plumbers washer to fit into this space when I lowered the clocks on my S2R, that way I didn't have to cut anything from the OE parts.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Isn't it funny how two tiny bits of machined aluminum can change the look of the bike so drastically? And I can read the speedo now... Did anyone else who has done this find that they had to grind the underside of the guages to make clearance for the bolt head? Now all I have to do is wait for my Shark exhaust to arrive, and the winter metamorphosis will be complete. Zard slip-ons (2006 monoposto) going to be going up for sale soon...
Pictures?!?!? This sounds interesting....

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gotta grab the camera...

I gotta get around to bringing the camera into the shop and posting some photos. And the Zards have already been sold.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Having PM'd a few people, it seems like the original lowering brackets are no longer available...

So come on JCPak, and others...

Pick up the reigns and let's get some back in Production?

Who could NOT want to do this

Especailly if this is all you need?

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
This is on my list as well.... looking, looking lets go JC!
I emailed Wolfgang [[email protected]] last night and this morning I had a reply, saying he still makes them, and has some in stock (80 sets sold so far) so he's sent some out to me for Eur 37, including shipping.

Very exciting...

He said he also makes Marchesini wheel spacing kits for $100. ...That also got me interested.

:D

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Lowering Brackets

If these are still being produced, I am also looking to order a set in BLACK. .... PM me

Are they available? Will they be available soon?
If its a sensitive issue PM me

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.