Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yes, I've had my S1k for 3 days and I'm already nit-picking about it. :D

Anyway, one of the things I seem to be having problem with, is seeing my speedo. It seems that I'm looking down at the guages, and I'm unable to get an accurate reading on how fast I'm going.

Now, I know that I shouldn't be staring at the guages all the time, but I'm kind of anal like that when I'm riding. Eyes always moving and such, mirrors, guages, etc...

To the point... I was thinking that maybe you could design a riser of some kind that was angled slightly to tip the guages to be read at a better angle. Does something like this exist? Does anyone else have the same problem? Does the noob need to shut his face? :cool:

·
Master of Bumnitude
5,133 Posts
You don't mention what you ride. If it's a GT1000 the reason is simple: Ducati decided to save a few bucks and use the same mounting spacer on the GT that they used - and that was designed for - the original Sport1000. Since that bike had lower bars the gauges are tilted low. On the GT the angle is not correct for proper reading. The same is true, but to a lesser degree, on the later, high barred, Sports.

Dietrich Pfeifer, a long time forum member, made and sold some beautifully crafted replacement brackets. But these were designed for appearance, not viewing angle, so with them installed the gauges were too close to horizontal for a perfect view.

FWIW this used to bug me too. Now I am used to it and thus pay it little mind.

-don

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ride a Sport 1000. I saw someone type "S1K", and figured if I said it like that, I'd be cool too. :D I will avoid the confusion from now on. :p

Anyway, I guess the brackets just drop the guage and headlight, and don't tilt it? that's what I'm getting from reading the other thread about his brackets.

Regardless, with the other thread to answer questions, this one is now moot. Mods please close it and burn it at the stake, as a warning to other noobs. :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.