Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking up LA-Duc's challenge to post some ride photos.:) Went solo out to Petrolia (extreme Northern California)...(and I mean EXTREME) on a cool afternoon to check out the high surf warnings. The waves were pounding so hard , they created their own salty mist fog, was tough to see through the visor after a while.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Thanks for posting. The swell out there is very far away and even though it looks small those are probably triple-overhead waves, eh?

I like those bars you are running--what are they?

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Norman Hyde 'M' bars, with Dietrich's guage lowers, it flattens out the profile pretty well...

Those waves get so big that even the trustafarians won't come up here to ride them...:)

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Wow I just checked the Port Orford buoy - 17.1 ft swell at the buoy yesterday at 8:50 a.m. That is huge. For those that don't know a 9 foot swell will make 20 foot waves. I don't know what a 17 foot swell will make... 40 foot waves?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
next summer we're going back there... awesome!

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the kudos! Yes, assphreek, I did angle the horns to be a tighter fit to the headlamp and follow the lines of the bike.:)

This is the most westerly land in the continental USA, where the Pacific first hits the coast. Its that bump that sticks out of California near the Oregon border. Its kind of an extension of Hwy 1... These roads are not for everyone, there are reasons why no one lives here and the coast is so pristine and desolate...:cool:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thanks for the kudos! Yes, assphreek, I did angle the horns to be a tighter fit to the headlamp and follow the lines of the bike.:)

This is the most westerly land in the continental USA, where the Pacific first hits the coast. Its that bump that sticks out of California near the Oregon border. Its kind of an extension of Hwy 1... These roads are not for everyone, there are reasons why no one lives here and the coast is so pristine and desolate...:cool:
Truly sounds like my kind of ride! :)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Cool photos :cool:. Thanks for posting C. Your bike looks good and mean - the way it should. Scenery - top notch. I can't wait to get up that way next year. We were just talking about planning it out.

Hope you've been doing well man...

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
i love that ride... we need to meet up this summer for sure!
crazy that i've practically ridden past your place every summer for the past few years and we haven't been able to be in the same place at the same time.

your bike, of course looks great :cool:

·
Mr. Excitement
233 Posts
Chauncy- I hope we can convince you to post up photos more often...thanks. You're right on the money when you say that "these roads are not for everyone". That particular stretch of the "Lost Coast" highway is on the extreme side, for sure. I was out there a couple months ago on a borrowed KLR. It was a blast... I rode it like I was on a motocross track. Not sure I would have wanted my Sport out there, though. Your GT must be part mountain goat! Nice roadwork, friend.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey Chauncy

Great pics, thanks for sharing.
Absolutely LOVE what you have done with the GT. You totally managed to give it the rawer look I am looking for.
What are your experiences with the lower bars compared to the standard ones (comfort/handling)?
Love the seat as well. Did you do it yourself or had it done?

Keep those pics coming :)
Dietger

1 - 16 of 16 Posts