Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A pair of 5-spoke Marchesinis have now been fitted to my bike, these were bought as new items on ebay & are listed as ST4 wheels. This enables me to run tubeless tyres (a new pair of Dunlop Road Smarts are in use). To achieve the desired effect the rear wheel was a straight bolt on but the front wheel has a spindle & spacer from an S2R and the shiney new rotors are those fitted to a 748R.

This may represent a departure from the retro theme of the Sport Classic range, but I wanted to run tubeless tyres and the Marchesinis enabled me to do this within my budget whilst also being easier to look after - especially considering the salt-laden roads in the U.K. during winter.

My thanks to Phil & Steve at Italia Moto for their help with this.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Nice!

I'll bet you're noticing much easier turn-in with the lighter hoops :D

·
Registered
900 Posts
Those wheels look great! As far as the getting away from the retro theme, I think there were mag wheels in the 70's, however they did not look nearly as nice as these. I guess you'll have to live without trying to find a bastard size tube if you have a blow out on the road. Good job and enjoy!

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
A pair of 5-spoke Marchesinis have now been fitted to my bike, these were bought as new items on ebay & are listed as ST4 wheels.
Haha. Cool. :)

I was watching those wheels on eBay for about a couple of months, pondering if I should buy them as spares for my ST.

Axiom #1 of Ducati.ms. All eBay Ducati parts will eventually end up on bikes owned by forum members.

Looks great, have a blast!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts