Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't panic! It may be a pain but there is an adjuster for the gear selector inside the left-hand side cover, which consists of an eccentric screw and a lock nut, which allows the gear lever to click back into place after each change, this may need to be adjusted.
Thanks for the info.:);)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I'm at a loss. I opened up the left side cover and the shift control fork seems to be aligned correctly. I was able to shift through the gears (without moving the wheel) just fine. Is there anything else I should check before putting it back together?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Don't panic! It may be a pain but there is an adjuster for the gear selector inside the left-hand side cover, which consists of an eccentric screw and a lock nut, which allows the gear lever to click back into place after each change, this may need to be adjusted.
I'm at a loss. I opened up the left side cover and the shift control fork seems to be aligned correctly. I was able to shift through the gears (without moving the wheel) just fine. Is there anything else I should check before putting it back together? Here is a picture of the neutral position:
IMG_0595.jpg

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Hmm if it shifts OK when you are clicking through the gears then it should be OK. I'm wondering if it could be the clutch? Have you tried bleeding the clutch again? Often air gets trapped in the system.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Another thing to consider is getting a Factory Pro shift kit. Also try critiquing the position of the shift lever and adjust it so that you can engage the lever in both directions with equal effect. Random observation about the port buildup: if the engine is run with a higher octane fuel than it needs, this can happen. If the bike is happy with 87, use 87. Try some 87, some 89, then 91 and check MPG along the way. Usually the one with best MPG is the way to go.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Hmm if it shifts OK when you are clicking through the gears then it should be OK. I'm wondering if it could be the clutch? Have you tried bleeding the clutch again? Often air gets trapped in the system.
Well the more I clicked through the gears, the stickier it would get. So what seemed like normal function ended up not to be. I ended up taking the flywheel off, which was a huge pain, and trying to adjust the gear select fork. I made a very slight adjustment so the mark is directly in the center. Now I can run the selector through the gears, but not without some mis-shifts, and not without moving the wheel somewhat. Should the test of smooth=shifting happen without having to move the wheel (or front sprocket) or with it? I will try bleeding the clutch when I get this back together.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I adjusted the gear selector fork and reassembled the LC and it is still shifting like a bag of shit. This is getting frustrating.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Yes, you will not get it to shift properly without rotating the rear wheel back and forth.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts