Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
**edit**

I just looked at some pics and I guess that the answer is NO. So are there any other ducks that the tank will fit?**

So, can it be done easily enough? I bought an extra tank when I owned my GT1000, but ended up hating the bike and getting rid of it. I love my Monster however, and would like to make something a little interesting, but along the same lines. So are the frames the same? Has anyone accomlished this in the past? Let me know....otherwise I will have a nice green GT1000 tank for sale with a very hard to spot imperfection....

Cheers,

High_Side

·
Registered
157 Posts
i have seen the ST tanks mated to SS and monsters which is huge but adds about 100 miles to the fuel capacity

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
I've been thinking about a GT or biposto as a 2-up and solo sport tourer so I'm curious about the reasons you hated your GT.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been thinking about a GT or biposto as a 2-up and solo sport tourer so I'm curious about the reasons you hated your GT.
I wanted to love that bike. I loved the way it looked and the riding position. Unfortunately, I had higher expectations of what is acceptable for a motorcycle in 2007, and just could put up with the 80's grade suspension and crappy fueling. There are others who have them who love them, but for me, after dropping that much cash on a new Ducati, I shouldn't have to shell out a bunch more to fix the suspension and fueling. You will hear things like the fueling is easily fixed with the $1800 termi pipes and ECU, and there are lots of replacement shocks available to greatly improve the bike. Although I had originally planned on doing these upgrades anyway, I was concerned that perhaps the bike would not be what I wanted it to be after throwing all the extra cash at it. So I sent it down the road to some other poor bastard.

It's amazing to me how much better my wifes Monster S2R800 is than the GT. I'd look for something better if I were you, but on a Ducati board, I know I am setting myself up for a torching!:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts