Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the rise and pull-back dimensions are for the stock bars?

I'm trying to put the finishing touches on my GT from a comfort stand-point. I am still runnin with the stock bars and I'm considering looking for something with a slightly more aggressive pull-back while maintaining the original rise.

·
Registered
985 Posts
If you have the stock bars on your GT, could you not just measure them?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True enough, but I'm at work and was just wonding if the hive-mind of GT owners had a quick answer. Basically, I'm being lazy.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I don't know what the measurements are on the stock GT bars, but here's a link to the bars I put on my GT-

http://www.spieglerusa.com/cfm/handlebars.cfm

Scroll down to 'superbike low'. I bought them on DietrichPheiffer's (sp?) suggestion, and for me they're just right. They're about 7/8"-1" lower than stock, and are polished aluminum with a clear anodizing that matches the top triple pretty nicely. I thought this looked cooler than chrome...:)

When you change bars you'll have to decide if you want to drill holes for the locating pins on your controls (switch clusters, master cylinders, throttle) or remove the pins. I drilled using masking tape that was marked on the stock bars and transferred to the new ones once they were installed at the angle I wanted.

Also, be careful that the controls don't hit the tank the first time you turn the bars. The change made mine just touch. There are screws with lock nuts on the bottom triple to adjust this.

I have photos in my gallery here if you want to take a look.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I threw a set of Monster bars on mine. Similar setup to the above mentioned...but pre-drilled :) Pretty much similar in width, but about an inch lower.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm basically looking for something with about the same rise more or less but a more aggressive pull-back angle. Any suggestions? I getting a lot of hand fatigue on long rides and I've tried several grips. I've settled on classic gran turismo grips but I'd still like to try a more swept back handlebar style.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Hmmm.

I've always been happy that I'm not having issues with the wrist fatigue on the GT that riders of other SC models report. At first, I was downright surprised by this!

I'm about 5'10", with no great reach. I've always thought the GT's stock seating position to be rather well thought out. I'm thinking that if I sat even more upright, the front wheel would start unloading due to weight shifting towards the rear of the bike, especially on the twisties. Wind blast on the chest would be increased, too. That's why I never went for the factory comfort bars.

Let us know what you do and how it works for you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts