Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if there is any issues (for example the locking pin) with using the seat from a 1000s on a gt1000.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I believe the hardware is compatible but there will be an unsightly gap in the front at the tank.

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,065 Posts
I am wondering if there is any issues (for example the locking pin) with using the seat from a 1000s on a gt1000.
I have a GT1000 and both seats (Gota Sport 1000 aluminum fuel tank cheap, and bought the seat to match the new tank).
The Sport 1000 seat fits on the GT1000 fine. No locking pin or any other problem. But as the Sport 1000 tank is longer, you will get a gap between the tank and the seat.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a GT1000 and both seats (Gota Sport 1000 aluminum fuel tank cheap, and bought the seat to match the new tank).
The Sport 1000 seat fits on the GT1000 fine. No locking pin or any other problem. But as the Sport 1000 tank is longer, you will get a gap between the tank and the seat.
Hey Gents.. Kane - the aluminum sport 1000 tank fits properly/unproblematically on the GT 1000 as well?

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,065 Posts
A Sport 1000 OEM tank will fit a GT1000 without any problem (except for the need to replace the seat as well). But as there are no factory aluminum fuel tanks for these bikes, you should expect imperfections..

Most handmade fuel tanks are slightly asymmetrical and have slightly different dimensions to the OEM.
One forum member regretted polishing his tank before trying it on the bike, because he had to work on it to make it fit.

Mine is slightly narrower than the OEM. I managed to fit it on the bike (the first thing I did after receiving it) but I will need to lower the mounting cups a bit to get a perfect fit. Other than that, it fits OK.

The only imperfection I dislike about my aluminum tank is the way they placed the gas cap.
It pops out in the middle of the curved section.
I understand that the shape of the top of the tank is tricky, because the OEM tank is curved outwards from back to front, and inwards from side to side.
It looks like they tried to get close to the OEM design, but the effort fell short.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I’m not looking to swap the tank aswell. I have a modified gt seat with a colour matched cowling I was looking at replacing the vinyl but seen some cool looking custom monoposto seats.
I’ll just stick with that.
43A1C0C8-7EB9-4028-A6B5-9DBEEEC2EFE2.jpeg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts