Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, looking to buy a pair of panniers / bags for my '09 GT1000.
Any leads are welcome.
Cheers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Preferably the OEM bags, but I'll consider other recommendations from those with good experience. tnx.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
To each their own but I was not a fan of the OEM bags (had them initially, sold them) so went this route GT1000 Bagger. Could not be happier with the setup and allows us to hit the road 2-up with plenty of secure, carrying capacity.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a hepco and becker rack with the hardcase on top. - Hepco & Becker Rear Rack Ducati GT 1000 in Black

Sorry, I couldn't find a link to the hardcase, but it looks like what you see on the back of a scooter and it mounts to the top of the rack. The main downside is that the visibility of my led tail light/fender eliminator is limited when vehicles are too close.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Some good alternatives suggested here. I have the original DP bags. They do look good and are fine for around town and keeping some tools in, throw your lunch in, pick up something small at store, etc. I found out you can JUST barely fit in a baguette once on a trip to grocery store. My daughter and I got a laugh out of that, wondering if the Ducati engineers used a short baguette as a reference when designing them. I did stuff them for a weekend trip once, but if you are looking for something for real touring, I'd go with the suggestions above/ aftermarket. The DP bags aren't really waterproof (most warped ones you see are from getting wet) and are not really secure either. They'd be very easy to break into. So really depends on how you plan to use them.
You're also reminding me I need to fix a torn seam on one of the handles.. 🙄

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
I too had the DP bags initially, then went the Hepco Becker side and top case route... I ride 99.9% of the time with the side cases on; mostly for their utility (I do longer daytrips and tour with my GT), partly for their protection of the back portion of the bike (not proud of testing this piece), and because without the side cases the frame isn't as sexy as the DP kit.

As a Hepco Becker data point, pics without and with sidecases mounted...

Good luck with you search.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts