Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any body got a gt luggage rack for sale,Im trying to prototype a grab rail so a broken or bent rack will do ,but Id still buy a good one too.so far I made one from steel bar id rather follow the bends of the stock rack.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Please post your pic of the grab bar after you've fabbed it--I'd love to see what you did and would be interested in buying one from you.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've thought about something that could be easily installed when the cowl was removed, too, cuz my wife would like the security of feeling like she would have a warning before she slide her rear clear off the end of the seat.

It would be interesting to see what your solution is. I though a simple grab rail that mounts to the cowl bolts would be cool (I replaced all of my bolts with thumbwheel type hardware).

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Kinda like this?

any body got a gt luggage rack for sale,Im trying to prototype a grab rail so a broken or bent rack will do ,but Id still buy a good one too.so far I made one from steel bar id rather follow the bends of the stock rack.
I'm not quite finished with this, note that there's a Watsen Design t-sig just below the rail on one side- you can see the bracket on the pic of the other side. The tail light's getting it's bracket "arms" trimmed. I'll start a thread when it's all together.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Answer: Both!

hey jeff,that exactaly what I had in mind.is that fabracated or store bought?nice looking item.
The grab bar started life as the standard Ducati GT1000 rack. I just cut the rack off, ground off the stubs & welds, the re-chromed. I too looked at fabricating to make something a little smaller, but my wife really liked the security of the factory piece. After some thinking, I also realized that the bottom of the loop- where it goes "out" before it goes "up" was very necessary. It provides the clearance needed so you can remove the seat by pulling it back. So, I just decided to mod the factory piece. I'll try to get the full thread up soon.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Fine looking grab bar, Jeff. Wish I could find one just like it!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Eric I kinda gave up on this mod as I just install the rack when the ol girl rides along and remove it when I'm alone,but I still love jeffs mod,very cool.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts