Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gudday

So my GT1000 has sat in the shed and collected dust for 6 months. Riding on the road holds about as much interest to me as plucking pubic hair one by one. Cops, speed cameras, traffic... Blugh.

Love my Ducati. So will keep it and flog it occasionally around a track or something just for fun as an oddity.

So I'd like to strip it of all the road crap. Including instruments and keys, side stand switch etc etc. How do you get around the immobiliser and stuff? Ideally I'll have an oil pressure warning and tacho only. I know that for 400 bucks the local Guru will 'reprogram' but how do they do that? I have both the standard ecu and the DP Ecu, plus power commander etc.

What tools are used to interrogate the ECU?

Maybe ditch the Ducati ECU and go for a aftermarket? Who what where??

And before you all get uppity and undies in a bunch, boys let me tell you, if they are gunna steal your bike they are gunna steal your bike. In about 15 seconds, lift and into the van. All the alarms and [email protected] will not stop them.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Gudday

So my GT1000 has sat in the shed and collected dust for 6 months. Riding on the road holds about as much interest to me as plucking pubic hair one by one. Cops, speed cameras, traffic... Blugh.

Love my Ducati. So will keep it and flog it occasionally around a track or something just for fun as an oddity.

So I'd like to strip it of all the road crap. Including instruments and keys, side stand switch etc etc. How do you get around the immobiliser and stuff? Ideally I'll have an oil pressure warning and tacho only. I know that for 400 bucks the local Guru will 'reprogram' but how do they do that? I have both the standard ecu and the DP Ecu, plus power commander etc.

What tools are used to interrogate the ECU?

Maybe ditch the Ducati ECU and go for a aftermarket? Who what where??

And before you all get uppity and undies in a bunch, boys let me tell you, if they are gunna steal your bike they are gunna steal your bike. In about 15 seconds, lift and into the van. All the alarms and [email protected] will not stop them.
How good are you computer skills? It's not a very difficult thing to do. You need a few cables from Ebay for about 30 euros (OMB2 and alfa adaptor), guzzidiag that's a free software, TunerPro that is also free software. A XDF file that you can find on the guzzidiag page, a bit af head scratching and you can run your bike without instrument. Not that difficult. The most difficult thing is the get the OMB2 cable to work.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
431 Posts
Glad to hear you're gonna track it. I'm toying with the idea as well. It's a great motor, I may bore the motor and change gearing this winter to give it more power. Once I do that, I'm going to look at the microtech ECUs again and see about getting a proper tune. Good luck! Mine has been great! Nice break from my S1000rr on track.

Check out the motion pro buttons for the track also. For track duty, I'd be careful with electronics, these bikes can get finniky. For now I'd just ditch the headlight, etc. Motogadget has some good options too and they could prolly give you some great options if you still wanna remove the clocks.

Reactions: Riderjeff
1 - 3 of 3 Posts