Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I know there has been a thread about installing the Ducati factory handlebar kit that raises the bars up and wider for touring comfort....hasn't there ??? I've ordered the kit and would like some advise from those who have installed it on their GT1000, please and thank you.....The Kid

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
The bars are the easy part. The cable replacement and re-routing is the part that takes a bit of expertise. Any idiot can do the bars.

You will have to disconnect, reassemble, and then bleed both the front brakes and the clutch. As I recall, the throttle cable was quite easy.

I found the comfort bars to be too high for me, but I still was not sorry I'd bought them, as I needed the longer cables/hoses for the bar risers I ended up making.

One thing though: unless they've changed/improved the kit, the new front brake hose is very poorly designed and will not fit correctly installed the way they show. You can make it work, but it isn't really built right.

·
Registered
322 Posts
My one week old GT had the high handle bars

on it when I bought it last week. I put the stock bars and brake lines and stock throttle back on this morning. No more head shake. And the handling is better also. With no sheild the wind works great around 65 mph to keep the weight off the bars. Faster and it starts to blow me to for off the grips. Meaning over 75mph and its like you have to grip to stay down on the grips.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts