Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents & Ladies,

I'd never seen one of these on a bike before, just the stand-alone photo they have on the accessories page. I ordered one, had it painted and mounted it and thought the photos might be helpful for someone who is considering one.

This offers *some* wind protection but very little. If I tuck my head down by the gauges on the freeway, speeds up to 100 are bearable, where without this miniature fairing, 80 mph started to get too windy to bear.

Side View:

Rider perspective:

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I see a lot of views and no posts, which means you guys have the same take on this I do--too small and not sexy at all.

If i'd known this thing was going to be this little and offer so little protection at high speeds, I think I would have passed on it.

I would *love* to fit a Paul Smart style quarter fairing to this...

I think that is coming next.

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
So I see a lot of views and no posts, which means you guys have the same take on this I do--too small and not sexy at all.
a member is running a monster S4 fairing on his
sport 1000, that doesn't look too bad.

;)

·
Registered
592 Posts
I just assumed it was a monster cowl, most of which would fit the SC and GT bikes.
Is it specific to the SC range then?

·
Registered
737 Posts
I love the side on profile :D

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
i only have the picture, no link etc., bike looks good for sure:

·
Registered
775 Posts
I have the Ducati fly screen on my GT1000. Mine came with the bike (collected it last week) but the previous owner had hand painted the fly screen leaving obvious brush marks. The screen was rubbed down & sprayed in a black silk finish.

I concur with Barfer's comments regarding the need to tuck my head in at higher speeds/windy conditions. Personally I find the screen quite effective at 70-80mph, but then I was used to riding a Monster with a nose fairing before I moved to the GT1000. Perhaps my neck muscles are used to this kind of riding?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I have "no comment" on looks of the fly screen. :rolleyes: I do like that monster fairing. But I also think that is a very clever camera angle. I think most mods on these bikes are very expensive and buying a fairing is kinda cheap. If you make a mod to your bike, and don't like it, take it off.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you paint the caps on your clutch and brake res ?
No, they are billet bought from these guys: http://www.slingshotracing.net/

I like them but wish they were "brushed" aluminum--they are super shiny and I've caught some bright reflections off them when it is really sunny. They make them in colors, too so that might have been a better idea. I think I'm going to take some 000 steel wool to them and take off the sheen.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is it specific to the SC range then?
Yep, this is a straight-up GT1000 dealer option. I agree with the other post re this being effective at 70-80 mph. It is functional, I just wish it was a little more functional (and sexier).

So I've looked at the sel motion fairings and the dart flyscreens and they are definitely better looking, but none of them are as sexy as the quarter fairing our SC brothers get to run.

Is there an off-the-shelf kit from someone to put a quarter fairing on a GT?

If not, I think I'm going to pick up one of these, which is the closest thing and even though for the Thruxton, I'm told it will fit a GT with minor mods:

http://www.bellacorse.com/bcc056.htm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts