Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

What are the best clip ons for a GT the keeps the bar position close to that with the stock set up....I am after the look without making the bike too uncomfortable for 400klm days.

Cheers

Roger

·
Registered
216 Posts
Me myself and I went for ST3 clip-ons. They´re superb for a sportier position without being uncomfy. I just returned from a 3500km trip including 700km day trips. no probs there.

cheers

have a look at my gallery...

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Me myself and I went for ST3 clip-ons. They´re superb for a sportier position without being uncomfy. I just returned from a 3500km trip including 700km day trips. no probs there.

cheers

have a look at my gallery...
Well that's 3 votes for ST3....( me , myself & I )

They look like about the same height as flat bars would be on the GT....is there much room for adjustment ?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Adjustable clip-ons

anyone else have any suggestions ?

Are there any adjustable ones available?

Cheers Roger

·
Registered
737 Posts
How are the ST3 clipons comfort wise with the stock rear sets?

·
Registered
216 Posts
@roggt, I´m not sure if I get you right. the clip-ons itselves aren´t adjustable. sure enuff you still can rotate them around the fork tube´s axis and clamp them lower onto them if needed.
when you want some fully adjustable ones you oughta have a look here -->http://www.motohaus.com/acatalog/ConvertiBars_-_Ducati.html

@stressfest, I found them approbiate. they´re a bit wider than sport clip-ons, so that gives you a bit more confidence in steering plus your wrists aren´t as cramped as they´d be with the sport clip-ons. the pegs are still in the right place, when I want to go sportier I put my forefeet onto them. I´m about 1.78m. If you´re taller, I guess it´s not fun anymore...

cheers

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
swatt and speedymoto both make adjustable clip ons.

the swatts are built very nicely, i've not seen the speedymoto first hand.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok I will be more specific

My solo seat comes out of production tomorrow....the guy that's made my seat also makes half fairings...I want to get a race style fairing and have clip on bars as high as possible.

My thinking was similar to my seat theory....as in ride for a month or so on a thin piece of QUALITY memory foam...just to see if it's ok for a day ride....then get a seat made...knowing the finished product will work.

I want to try a set of clip ons that I can adjust...I think I saw something on JC Sports wheel thread...they looked like adjustable GT bars gone wrong. I want to be able to adjust them to the highest comfortable/ best looking/ compromise position for me....and then get my race fairing custom made around that...knowing I can ride for a full day with the bars.

Ok guys.....I really need some help....I want this all to be done soon....I want a hot bike to ride to Phillip Island in October...and Phark....I am running out of time !

Cheers Roger

·
Registered
10 Posts
...why not have a look at Tomaselli adjustable clip on style bars from guzzino.com. They are infinitely adjustable for comfort and look great. I have some on my little guzzi breva... and they are Italian!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Had the ST3 risers/bars and found them to not have enough downward angle and too wide for me. Have the DP risers now and they're closer to my ideal and almost the same height as the ST3 ones. The ST3's are also over $435.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts