Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this? What mods will have to be done? The seat on the Sport 1000 mono will likely have to be modified but what specifically? Ah yes, our Italian brother in Thailand will know. Renzo, are you listening?

The dramatic knee cutouts on the GT tank look great. IMO. If I can get one on flea bay, a future project may begin.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Has anyone done this? What mods will have to be done? The seat on the Sport 1000 mono will likely have to be modified but what specifically? Ah yes, our Italian brother in Thailand will know. Renzo, are you listening?

The dramatic knee cutouts on the GT tank look great. IMO. If I can get one on flea bay, a future project may begin.
Yep, I've done it. I have a red GT tank and a GT seat on mine right now. I have pics but for some reason they aren't loading up to the forum right now. The tanks are a direct swap, but if you are planning on using the Sport seat there will be a large gap (about 1-2 inches) between the tank and seat. The GT seat snaps right in place (except that I had to remove two little metal loops on the bottom of the seat that I have no idea what they actually do).

I'll try again in the morning to post some pics.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BISHOP-BUCK, I seem to remember seeing something about the gap in front of the Sport seat. A piece of upholstered foam velcroed to the tank or the front of the seat may work to fill the gap. It's a long reach for me to the DP clipons so this would make it shorter. Please post pics when you can.

Backhome77, I would only be interested in the tank and I'm a cheap son-of-a-gun. A fixer that would need a paint job (black) may be the way to go.

·
Premium Member
593 Posts

Confirm!
just find yourself with new tank and seat and you got a new looking bike. About a personalize painting...should fit better ;)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hi Guys,

There is quite a market for used Sport tanks ( well I want one anyway) so if anybody has a damaged one or a spare, I want to do the tank swap to my GT. This could in fact fund your Sport to GT conversion!

Cheers Roger

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Here are the pics of the GT tank on my Sport with the Sport seat. Just click on the thumbnails to see slightly larger pics. If that isn't big enough click on the "All Sizes" button above the pic to see larger ones.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bishop-buck/sets/72157615525418671/

I've taken more pics since with a GT seat but I've not yet processed the pics so I'll try to get to that in the next few days. I hope this will give you some food for thought in the mean time though.:)

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the pics, Robbie, definately food for thought. Filling the tank-seat gap should be easy and the rear of the Sport seat will need to be made thicker for support.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts