Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Several guys had asked for pictures of the hanger set-up on my GT, so here we go. You can pick up the details from other threads, but to summarize: Stainetune exhaust with factory headers; Swatt rearsets; custom hangers and all rearset modifications/assembly by Chris Spohn at Endurance Engineering.

I think Chris has the jig for the GT/Stainetune, but if not, and if someone afar wants this set-up, it's very easy for me to ride to his shop so he can build another. I don't know anything about other models.

I don'r recall the cost. Bill Swatt and NPR supplied the rearsets and additional parts at cost to see whether it works. I think you're looking at about $1,000 all in.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
Wow!!! Wow!!!! This is a great setup, looks like it's robust and very well done!
It's a mystery why Ducati didn't offer that solution...

Anyway, that's exactly what I'm looking for, and wondering if Chris can fit passenger footpegs at the hanger/exhaust connection.

The current footpeg setup isn't the greatest for track riding. it's located forward, and low. The gear shifter rubbed on the ground many times...
Adding rearsets would give us higher clearance on the track, hopefully without eliminating pillion riding.

Nimi: thanks for sharing the pictures!! thumbs up on the rearsets & fleda... that's a gorgeous GT!!!!

~k

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Wow!!! Wow!!!! This is a great setup, looks like it's robust and very well done!
It's a mystery why Ducati didn't offer that solution...

Anyway, that's exactly what I'm looking for, and wondering if Chris can fit passenger footpegs at the hanger/exhaust connection.

The current footpeg setup isn't the greatest for track riding. it's located forward, and low. The gear shifter rubbed on the ground many times...
Adding rearsets would give us higher clearance on the track, hopefully without eliminating pillion riding.

Nimi: thanks for sharing the pictures!! thumbs up on the rearsets & fleda... that's a gorgeous GT!!!!

~k
You need to stiff'n up your suspension and raise your rear end. I haven't seen any pictures of your riding but you may need to get off the bike a little more. I've had my SC on the track for a couple years now and haven't ever rubbed my shifter peg on the ground.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Really really clean looking GT! I love how well thought-out your hangers look and the general clean appearance. Great Job.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. $1,300 from Jered from Motocorsa (www.motocorsa.com). The box from Ohlins said "New Blue." Worth every penny. The fronts are adjustable ST Showas completely rebuilt, resprung, TiNed and anodized by Jim Lindemann. Mark Corcoran from Martin Euro dialed it all in. It's a great set-up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts