Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Okay, I couldn't help myself.

Frame sliders greatly reduce damage to the hard parts of your bike should you low-side, or even tip-over standing still. A bike is often rideable after a track get-off with sliders when, without them, at the very least, pegs, exhaust and pedals would have been all bent up.

A high-side would require more of a complete roll-cage. Amusing to picture, but difficult to imagine as practical.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I'm looking at frame sliders too and have read back through a lot of posts on here praising many different solutions.. from not using anything at all (that's what bar-end sliders, termis, etc are for) to standard frame sliders, to Axljak sliders.

I'm looking mostly for protection from low speed crashes that might scratch up expensive bits (like this), and not so worried about anything severe enough to cause the dreaded engine case and frame catastrophes that standard frame sliders have been known to cause. If I'm going fast enough for a frame slider to cause that much damage then there will be many other parts destroyed and the bike will be totaled long before the frame or engine get involved. At least that's my take on it..

So here's what I found: Speedymoto, and Motovation make the nicest looking bits, but they're both over $125..

T Rex make some that are around $50.. and they're a favorite of some of my friends who race..

Axljak sliders are 3.5lbs and $225..

·
Registered
555 Posts
Nimi,
I have the same speedymoto sliders as you, and I notice you've gone for the shorter underbody pucks. me too. However, I hated the exposed bit of steel bar between the slider and the frame. So I went to a hardware shop and bought a piece of appropriate hard black plastic tubing (think garden irrigation) and then just slipped it over the steel rod before I put the pucks on.
Gives a much cleaner and more integrated look. Sorry, I don't have a photo - or more to the point I don't know where the f*&# my digital camera is.

just my .02c worth.

·
Registered
517 Posts
T Rex make some that are around $50.. and they're a favorite of some of my friends who race..
Recently got T-Rex front/rear stands (mainly to winterize the SC) and they seem pretty good so far.
Also ordered motovation rear axle sliders/spools to use with the T-Rex rear stand. I surely didn't get them for protection, but figured it would be easier/safer to lift the bike using spools as opposed to lifting it from the swingarms.

http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=393

Here are a couple of pictures from motovation's site

·
Registered
702 Posts
Nimi,
I have the same speedymoto sliders as you, and I notice you've gone for the shorter underbody pucks. me too. However, I hated the exposed bit of steel bar between the slider and the frame. So I went to a hardware shop and bought a piece of appropriate hard black plastic tubing (think garden irrigation) and then just slipped it over the steel rod before I put the pucks on.
Gives a much cleaner and more integrated look. Sorry, I don't have a photo - or more to the point I don't know where the f*&# my digital camera is.

just my .02c worth.
Great idea. Going to the garage RIGHT now to spray-paint it...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts