Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

GT 1000 Heaven

4K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  RocketJohn 
Got my leg over one

Got my leg over one last Sunday and it felt good.....GT 1000 that is ...but they would not give me the key...no test rides. I must say that it feels like the perfect riding position. I like the way the header pipes are tucked in and wont melt your waterproofs when your feet are down like on my ST3. I dont dont like the way the back end is kicked up. If I buy I will move the shock mounts back. I dont like the way the silencers sit so wide, this is because the Cats are in the silencer, may not be in US models. The seat is perfect and although the pillion part looks a bit short it is in fact not, and she fits in (the wife) just perfect. I hate the mirrors but dont get me wrong this is a nice bike.

Attachments

This was at the Stafford show. told that it wont be in UK dealers till June.
I had a 2003 M1000ie and this bike feels more comfortable/natural to me than the monster, but I would prefer the brakes that are on the monster. I suspect that the bike on show may not have been a production model as it was fitted with german pirelli's. Have a few pictures which I will post tonight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.