Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have not been by my local dealer in about a month. has anyone heard the latest on delivery of the gt?
will the accessories be available at time of delivery (wind screen, saddle bag, tank bag) or will we have to wait for them?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I got a call from my dealer saying that you can order accessories now so that they will arrive at the same time the bike does. I was not given a delivery date for the bike though....

·
Mr. Excitement
233 Posts
I've already ordered and received a nice pair of the new factory panniers and brackets for my GT. I'd advise ordering up any accessories you desire as soon as possible. Otherwise, you may be forced to wait.

I haven't been given a firm delivery date for the motorcycle yet.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I went in to my dealer for a 5th anniversary open house last weekend. He said they were hoping for last week in May, but it was looking more like first week in June. I also ordered up the Termi pipes because he said that he could get them 10% off before 5/20. He said that the pipes would arrive around the same time as the bike.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I was told by my dealer in Vancouver that it wouldn't be here 'til late June.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Have had the GT on order for a little over a month...finally broke down and had the dealer add the pipe kit to the order. Waiting is most difficult....

·
Registered
99 Posts
dietrichpfeifer said:
Have had the GT on order for a little over a month...finally broke down and had the dealer add the pipe kit to the order. Waiting is most difficult....
Be careful my friend. That's a slippery slope you're on. :)

By the way, have you seen the Aluminum Chain Guard, and the Aluminum Headlight Fairing, and the Side Panniers, and the......
;)

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
MH900e0652 said:
Be careful my friend. That's a slippery slope you're on. :)

By the way, have you seen the Aluminum Chain Guard, and the Aluminum Headlight Fairing, and the Side Panniers, and the......
;)
I'm way ahead of you...already got out the PAM and sprayed down the sled...
I started a word doc as a wish list, including website links, part numbers, etc... Everyone at work keeps asking how my wife felt about me getting a new bike (my first) and I tell them what happend- I didn't ask her. Just started talking about it and before I knew it she was saying "Honey, so how much is the new bike...is it $30K?...". I laughed and then said " Oh no honey, it's WAY less than that..". Then I was getting off easy under $15K.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I just saw a post on another site that the GT 1000's from the press release last month were being sent to dealers (in Europe) as demos for the open house in June. Since the US open house is June 23-24, I suspect that the first shipments will be demo bikes . I ordered my GT over a year ago but the dealer still can't give me an arrival date. Anyone hear anything different?

·
Registered
203 Posts
It will probably end up being this fall as originally planned! Why is this so mysterious anyway? I'm losing my mind and I already sold my old bike so now I have nothing to ride. :confused:

·
Registered
339 Posts
When I bought a used Multi last fall my girlfriend asked me why since the GT I had on order was due in the "spring". Since then she has tried to order me a leather jacket and 2 shirts from Ducati. After waiting 4 months the orders were cancelled due to the lines being discontinued. She is happy I got the Multi now and understands what a Ducati order means... " it will happen when it happens.. if ever"

32 Posts
yes, thank you for remembering......it's beacuse of our great tax-system we have in Holland. I can buy everywhere in Europe for less, but I always have to pay a tax called BPM when I bring a bike or car across the border

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
tired-of-waiting-for-GT1000 said:
yes, thank you for remembering......it's beacuse of our great tax-system we have in Holland. I can buy everywhere in Europe for less, but I always have to pay a tax called BPM when I bring a bike or car across the border
Is that like the German Mehrwertsteuer? A VAT? Darn. That sounds like a lot of money!!

32 Posts
uhhhh, we also have VAT a "minor" 19%. We have the net-price (I will call this NET) and than you can calculate the price at the dealer:
NET*0,207+ €224 + NET*1,19 = total price
the 20,7% + € 224 is de BPM-tax and the 19% is the VAT.
We don't have to pay customs because we are in the UC.
Another point is the discount; you can only negotiate about the NET-price because the percentage BPM and VAT are fixed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts