Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bcm has a 2005 999r for 14,500. Makes me sick seeing how I paid full price for mine in 05.

·
Registered
217 Posts
What is an 03 999 base worth? with 4200m?
I was guessing around $9k....

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
The 999R's value is only what people are willing to pay. I wouldn't pay $8k for a 999R, but some people would be willing to pay more... I've seen them go for $16k recently! OUCH!
You wouldn't pay $8K for a 999R? Is that supposed to be a cut or something? If it is I wouldn't pay $6K for a 749R.

The $13K for the 06 999R above is an absolute steal, assuming its straight up and doesn't have issues and its not a trade in (dealer involved). Just because one pops up that low doesn't mean thats the new benchmark, some people think so but there are a million stories out there in this economy. I have an 03 999R with good mods and only 1,350 miles on it. I would sell it for around $13.5, thats if I was going to sell it but I have grown to love the bike. More so than my heavilly upgraded 95 916. There is something really unique about the first year 999R, the color combination with the grey frame, black light weight semi gloss Marchesinis, full carbon bodywork (except tank of course) and the race kit. I just put on DP rear sets ($$$) and that really sets the bike off.

You pay more if you see value in the bike and if you can afford it, so what. Value can be interpreted as cosmetic appeal and performance or both. If someone went out and paid a couple grand over the honest apples for apples benchmark and hes happy with the bike and thats the bike he wanted, then good for him. I consider upgrades part of that value despite what others around here believing upgrades aren't worth anything. I would jump at the chance of buying a tastefully upgraded bike and pay more for it compared to a stock version because I know in time I will buy those very same parts and spend more for them on the new market.

Its all perception and what button pushes what emotion.

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
Bcm has a 2005 999r for 14,500. Makes me sick seeing how I paid full price for mine in 05.
If you think that makes you sick, my house is worth $225,000 less than what I paid for it in 06.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
You wouldn't pay $8K for a 999R? Is that supposed to be a cut or something? If it is I wouldn't pay $6K for a 749R.
Thats right, because to me a stock used original series 999R (not 2005/2006) is not worth anything compared to the last generation. I guess the later models are worth slightly more, maybe $10k... but you can get pretty decent 1098S models for around $12k, so why get an old, non-warranted 999R for more?

I guess if you were a collector, but even then, people are giving away 1098R's and desmosedici's... :rolleyes:

Don't forget, its just a bike.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
Thats right, because to me a stock used original series 999R (not 2005/2006) is not worth anything compared to the last generation. I guess the later models are worth slightly more, maybe $10k... but you can get pretty decent 1098S models for around $12k, so why get an old, non-warranted 999R for more?

I guess if you were a collector, but even then, people are giving away 1098R's and desmosedici's... :rolleyes:

Don't forget, its just a bike.
Now that you mentioned giving away a 1098R, that is something I would be interested in.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
they truly are one of the great Ducati motorcycles to be produced, at least i think so. for whatever it's worth, my 2003 999R recently sold above $13k (full termi race, rear Ohlins DU 301).

see ya

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
where is that smiley emoticon that is sitting back and eating popcorn about to enjoy the show... I am that emoticon right now. OK, back to what you were doing...

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Tye you can't afford to buy a motorcycle at any price so why are you disturbing the natives?
LOL :rolleyes: If I sold my 749R for pocket change and maybe a cookie, I could perhaps get a Fisher Price plastic 3 wheeler for next season? :p

Now that you mentioned giving away a 1098R, that is something I would be interested in.
But seriously, I saw a 1098R recently go for $28k! Nothing wrong with it at all. heck my buddy who does salvage bikes, sold one at an auction for 5k!

Point being, if people keep wanting 999's for crazy prices (I still can't think of a reason) then other people will keep selling them for crazy prices. Shit, you can get 748RS's for a song and dance! Even 749R's are cheaper then 999R's and as I've proven many times, my 749R destroys 999R's. So again, why spend $16k on a 999R? For looks? To tell your blokes you've got one? Or because you just always wanted one in your living room? :rolleyes:

Ohh, there is a thread about the 999 vs other bikes, we should go there to argue. ;)

And if anybody on a 999R wants to do the drag race test against my dirty, grubby, pos 749R, you know where to find me! :D
Or maybe my 749R isn't clean enough to be seen with your pretty bikes. :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Duc ... Duc ... GOOSE!
1,928 Posts
Tye - TAKE YOUR MEDS!! The world of motorcycling does not revolve around racing ... why can't you get that through your thick skull? You derive your bike's "value" from how fast you can circle a track .... well whoopty-frickin' doo!!

Many people derive value from how good a bike looks in the living room between the ottoman and the Ming vase.

Keep in mind, too, that your bike is just a lowly and pathetic tiny-motor, no horsepower 749R ... :rolleyes:

Life goes on and Tye is still f-ing crazy.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Don't even sweat it - its the natural course of things - like Tye says, what something is worth is what someone will pay for it - and we don't buy these bikes for investment purposes.

I don't plan on ever selling my bike so it doesn't matter what the market would bear at the moment...

and you have a great bike...

easy Tye, easy there buddy - picking a bike isn't all logic so some may prefer one over another for their own reasons - so keep giving your opinions as i for one like reading your posts but respect others' as well... hey i love my little ole 748r - the two of us would kick your a..... jk jk tye... i know its slow and heavy but i love her.....

·
Trackday Junkie
1,374 Posts
You know, i gotta chime in here.

The other week, I was at a bike night looking at a friends 999S. We were discussing all the drama over Terblanche's styling, etc. I never really found them attractive, as a lot of people didn't.

But as a stood there looking at Shane's bike, I realized, hey, this is GOING to be a classic. For the first time, I saw the beauty in the Terblanche superbikes.

Yeah, they're cheap, but I believe they will gain value later and hold. NOTHING looks like it, and it was designed to take all the 916-998 problems and fix them.

A buddy of mine and I are discussing whether he should get an 1198, or a 999R. Honestly, this is a very tough call.

Tye, step down from the high horse. Easy there......good boy.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
And if anybody on a 999R wants to do the drag race test against my dirty, grubby, pos 749R, you know where to find me! :D
Or maybe my 749R isn't clean enough to be seen with your pretty bikes. :D
Suppose for a second your 749R is fully race prepped and will even assume (crazy assumption) that it's putting out 150HP. A fully race prepped 999r motor will push at least 190.
On a drag race, you're going to wonder if your bike is running on 1 cyclinder.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts