Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here goes.. I just got done ordering a set of Samco hoses DUC-1 for my 748 since I'm upgrading the cooling system. US distributors/retailers usually don't stock/carry this kit. They have to be custom ordered at the factory overseas and will take about a month to produce/arrive. The 3rd party vendor I'm working with referred by distribution is willing to work out a deal to get me some real good prices as a groupbuy/discount in mass quantity.

As you all know, the same kit retails for $250-300 through Ebay and other sources inside/outside of the US. There is not much availability here in the states and believe me I checked just about everywhere.

Anyways, I am only going to post here in this forum to see the response but feel free and forward to other superbike owners not currently here - Ducati 748/916/996 only. There are hose kits available for a wide range of bikes but this groupbuy is specific to this model. I maybe able to get additional discounts on other kits but let me tally up the interests and see what I have first. Feel free to post your interests...

Here's the good part - pricing! holy $H!t!?!

Samco Part# Duc-1

15+ = $155
10-14 = $165
0-9 = $175

Colors
Blue
Red
Blck
(other colors available but cost difference and possibly delay the rest of the orders)

Keep in mind that this does not include shipping and applicable sales tax. The shipment will be sent to me. So if you're in the SF Bay Area - there shouldn't be any tax or shipping charges. You just have to come pick it up. For out of state members, I'll arrange the shipping but you will have to pay the shipping fees. All the arrangements can be worked out once we put in the order.

And yes, this will take about a month from the time of order. I can take suggestions/comments on type of payments etc since this will be put on my CC. I'm only doing this as a good deed and not to short change the site sponsors etc. But if anyone feels this ad is inappropriate, I can delete/edit this post and call the groupbuy off. Not a big deal since I have my hoses ordered. Just giving you guys the headsup oppurtunity. Only for US residents as I don't want to deal with customs etc.

Leave reply here because I don't want to get flooded with emails and pm's. Thanks!

Cheech

http://www.samcosport.com/

http://www.samcosport.com/samcosportbikes.xls

http://www.sporthoses.com/kits/bike...oducttype&-sortfield=pricelist&-max=all&-find

·
Registered
293 Posts
silhoses.com offeres the 748/916/996 kits for $189 plus shipping, but they aren't in stock. I orderd a kit last week but decided to cancel when I was emailed they would take 4-5 weeks.

Motowheels has the SFS 8 hose kit for the classic superbike at $169 plus shipping and they show in stock.

Just food for thought, since I've been looking for a while.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yes, i am working with silhoses and was referred to a 3rd party to workout this groupbuy discount. it's all legitimate direct from the distributor.

for one kit, it was $190.60 shipped to my address. if there were 15 kits sold, it would only be around $155+$10 shipped. savings is about $30.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
cheech said:
So here goes.. I just got done ordering a set of Samco hoses DUC-1 for my 748 since I'm upgrading the cooling system. US distributors/retailers usually don't stock/carry this kit. They have to be custom ordered at the factory overseas and will take about a month to produce/arrive. The 3rd party vendor I'm working with referred by distribution is willing to work out a deal to get me some real good prices as a groupbuy/discount in mass quantity.

As you all know, the same kit retails for $250-300 through Ebay and other sources inside/outside of the US. There is not much availability here in the states and believe me I checked just about everywhere.

Anyways, I am only going to post here in this forum to see the response but feel free and forward to other superbike owners not currently here - Ducati 748/916/996 only. There are hose kits available for a wide range of bikes but this groupbuy is specific to this model. I maybe able to get additional discounts on other kits but let me tally up the interests and see what I have first. Feel free to post your interests...

Here's the good part - pricing! holy $H!t!?!

Samco Part# Duc-1

15+ = $155
10-14 = $165
0-9 = $175

Colors
Blue
Red
Blck
(other colors available but cost difference and possibly delay the rest of the orders)

Keep in mind that this does not include shipping and applicable sales tax. The shipment will be sent to me. So if you're in the SF Bay Area - there shouldn't be any tax or shipping charges. You just have to come pick it up. For out of state members, I'll arrange the shipping but you will have to pay the shipping fees. All the arrangements can be worked out once we put in the order.

And yes, this will take about a month from the time of order. I can take suggestions/comments on type of payments etc since this will be put on my CC. I'm only doing this as a good deed and not to short change the site sponsors etc. But if anyone feels this ad is inappropriate, I can delete/edit this post and call the groupbuy off. Not a big deal since I have my hoses ordered. Just giving you guys the headsup oppurtunity. Only for US residents as I don't want to deal with customs etc.

Leave reply here because I don't want to get flooded with emails and pm's. Thanks!

Cheech

http://www.samcosport.com/

http://www.samcosport.com/samcosportbikes.xls

http://www.sporthoses.com/kits/bike...oducttype&-sortfield=pricelist&-max=all&-find
I guess the 998 is not included here? I would be in if it would fit the 998.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
on silhoses website, 998 samco hosekits run for $259.09+shipping. so if there are interests for these kits i can contact the vendor and see what they run for a groupbuy discount. just post your interest and i'll compile a list a week from today.

·
Registered
64 Posts
danielspdx said:
silhoses.com offeres the 748/916/996 kits for $189 plus shipping, but they aren't in stock. I orderd a kit last week but decided to cancel when I was emailed they would take 4-5 weeks.

Motowheels has the SFS 8 hose kit for the classic superbike at $169 plus shipping and they show in stock.

Just food for thought, since I've been looking for a while.
I just got my hoses from silhoses.com last week for my 996. Yes it took 5 weeks, but I was not in a hurry. One thing to make sure of is that you get the correct hose clamps for the kit. I tried to get them through silhose.com, but as Samco did not have a clamp kit for the hoses, they were unable to provide the clamps. I drove over to sporthoses as they were only a 15 minute drive. Took the kit and they fixed me up with the correct size clamps. Too bad they sell the kit for $100.00 more than silhoses.com!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
doesn't look like there is much interest in the group buy. so whoever is interested, pm me your email address and i will get you in touch with the wholesaler/retailer. i maybe able to get them to provide slight discount etc. let me know. thanks!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm interested. Mine are 6 years old and look great. I keep asking when to replace them, but the shop says they last for years and not to worry. 8, 10 year old hoses do worry me. Car hoses don't last that long.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if anyone is interested in the groupbuy, send me pm and i'll get you the information.

as it stands right now, i only had about 6 people interested in the duc-1 hosekit(748/916/996) and 3 people interested in the duc-4(998). so the groupbuy won't be worth while to have me order the 15+ to get the low groupbuy pricing. however, the retailer is willing to give the following discounts if you order from him directly.

duc-1 $175 includes shipping to lower 48 states
duc-3 $245 includes shipping to lower 48 states

since it is a special order item, allow 4-6 weeks for delivery and full payment on credit card. he can also order kits for other makes. let me know. thanks!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey guys, for those of you who did send me pm expressing interest for the hosekits, please place your order soon within the next few days so andy knows how many kits to order. this will keep the shipping costs down and expedite the order alot faster. i ordered mine 3 weeks ago and will be receiving mine in 2-3 days. let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I'm guessing that these kits won't work for the S4R (996 motor)?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JDuc said:
I'm guessing that these kits won't work for the S4R (996 motor)?
i would check with samco to see which kit fits the s4r.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
quick update: received my red samco hose kit monday. they are "gorgeous"! lol.. anyways, they do not come with hose clamps so i will be contacting andy to see if they stock them. if not, i'll be heading over to sporthoses since they are local and getting the right sizes. will give an update of which size clamps are needed to save you guys the hassle. maybe even have them put together a kit so you can call in and order with ease. again, thanks all for participating in the groupbuy.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Desmo93 said:
I just got my hoses from silhoses.com last week for my 996. Yes it took 5 weeks, but I was not in a hurry. One thing to make sure of is that you get the correct hose clamps for the kit. I tried to get them through silhose.com, but as Samco did not have a clamp kit for the hoses, they were unable to provide the clamps. I drove over to sporthoses as they were only a 15 minute drive. Took the kit and they fixed me up with the correct size clamps. Too bad they sell the kit for $100.00 more than silhoses.com!
desmo, you have pm regarding question about hose clamps. thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts