Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Hi everybody,

La Honda Ducati Day is coming up on October 11th , and I was wondering if anyone had thought to do a group ride up from SoCal ?
Kinda like the SC West Coast Run.

I (from San Diego) was thinking of trucking the bike from SD to Morro Bay and then hopping off and riding to to La Honda , spend a couple of hours there and then head back the same way.

Good Idea , Bad Idea?

Anyone up for it ? David , Justin ? Dietrich , you can crash at my house for Fri , Sat and Sunday if you like , maybe do Palomar Mtn and San Diego on Saturday ?

Just a thought and see what comes of it?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
What's up Andy?

I'm game but there are a couple conditions:

1- I need to have my bike back from PI. The heads are off at the moment for the valve guides job, along with re-chroming the rocker-arms and replacing pistons with FBF... they've had it for a month and they (supposedly) will be finished this week. Then off to GP Cycles where the PCIII comes on, full dyno, and I'm ready to burn some rubber FOR SURE. (needless to say I'm barely keeping it together...) So it may be cutting it close on the date. Not to mention, I'd like to do some local test runs with the new setup before logging some serious mileage... just in case.... (after all, we've all had misfires with these machines...)

2- I'd like to truck to morrow bay as well. LA to La Honda is a long trip in 1 day... and we certainly can't do the roundtrip in 1 day... it should be a 3-day weekend thing, like ride up Friday, spend Saturday there, and ride back Sunday, no?

Justin?

needless to say, we all need a good ride. I feel totally deprived. So if I have the moto back, then I'm game.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts