Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, is anyone interested in the charcoal canister bracket like I have on my bike? I've talked to my dealer, who are the ones who had them made, and they would do a group buy of somewhere around $20 a piece. They are aluminum and powder coated black. I think it really cleans up that side of the bike, especially with the horn relocated.

I do not have any interest in BH Ducati or anything of the nature, I just told them I'd be happy to put the buy together if people are interested. In fact, I'm not even sure how to put the buy together...I guess PM me and we'll make payment arrangements or something.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I,m not following. Call me thick but why would you remove a canister to re-install a black bracket that does nowt.

Sorry if i,m being thick..

·
Registered
187 Posts
I,m not following. Call me thick but why would you remove a canister to re-install a black bracket that does nowt.

The original bracket - even if you take off the part that the canister bolts to - is not exactly a piece of art. This one does look far cleaner.

Same question though - where'd ya put the horn?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

No worries...the stock bracket is just stamped steel and pretty unfinished looking. And much heavier. Not that you'll feel any difference between a few ounces, but I reckon it all adds up.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it would be nice to see a pic of the original and this one side by side.
I don't see much difference.
BTW where did you put your horn?

You got some insane bikes there uthatch!!!

Oh boy, I'll look to see if I can find my original, but it's been a few months since I changed it. It's just stamped steel painted black, not a finish piece because it's behind the canister and normally hidden.

I removed my horn and ran it under the engine so it's hidden by the belly pan. It's not in the greatest place (it's sort of near the header) and I might tinker with it a bit more, but it works yet and it looks better.

Thanks! I like to ride! :D Just got my Sport tail piece and side covers repainted so they look really correct now. Now I just need to find a nice set of Conti's; might go reproduction.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, I should have been clearer. The horn now runs all the way down to the right side of the bike beneath the right lower cover. It's completely hidden. It took some extra length of wire to do this, but so far I haven't had any trouble.

I also then removed the horn bracket from the radiator so that it's cleaned up as well. Just being careful with a die cutter and then a little black touch up paint and it looks clean as a whistle.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I put mine there......:)
Yeah, with the new bracket, it's a bit lighter and has more of a finished look. And you can easily remove the bracket on the rad with a little grinding. Gets the horn completely out of view and much cleaner in my opinion. Pretty cheap mod too...but a little work.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I was going to put a stebel horn where your US canister used to be , but god its heavy, so i did,nt bother

Shouting "FUCK OFF YOU STUPID TWAT" usually works with a good ol "V sign"

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was going to put a stebel horn where your US canister used to be , but god its heavy, so i did,nt bother

Haha, yup, works in LA too!

·
Registered
187 Posts

The V sign is not very well understood here - Better to use the standard single finger in the air gesture - But the vebage we use is the same :p

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
that's probably the trick, rather than depending on a horn that's barely audible over 1099cc of Ducati V-twin...

·
Registered
50 Posts
The original bracket - even if you take off the part that the canister bolts to - is not exactly a piece of art. This one does look far cleaner.

Same question though - where'd ya put the horn?
Moved mine to the right side as well. Play with the location/angle until the wires don't sit on the header. With a slight re-route of the wires on the left side, I didn't need to add any length.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Moved mine to the right side as well. Play with the location/angle until the wires don't sit on the header. With a slight re-route of the wires on the left side, I didn't need to add any length.
Sorry Pucker , but i reckon that wont last long there...before it melts

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
I'm about 98% sure I'll never use my horn.. I haven't yet and the times I would have in a car I either zoom buy or just rev my bike a bit.

I actually want to wire my garage door opener into the horn circuit. or horn button.. that way I don't have to get off my bike to open the door.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I actually want to wire my garage door opener into the horn circuit. or horn button.. that way I don't have to get off my bike to open the door.
That is brilliant!

I was thinking of picking up a hella supertone to mount over where the charcoal canister came from... Also, I was thinking about making a small tool kit that resembled the canister and mounting it in there, I'm not really worried about weight I am typically more concerned with function. I think it would be cool to have a spot to store an extra pair of glasses or whatever else you need.

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
That is brilliant!

I was thinking of picking up a hella supertone to mount over where the charcoal canister came from... Also, I was thinking about making a small tool kit that resembled the canister and mounting it in there, I'm not really worried about weight I am typically more concerned with function. I think it would be cool to have a spot to store an extra pair of glasses or whatever else you need.
Wine glasses? Interesting concept ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts