Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While at Laguna Seca Moto GP this year I met one of the guys from OPP racing. I inquired about them making a silicone hose kit for the SF. He said he could have it done but we need a MINIMUM of ten for order. We would also need a donor set of whom would get a free kit for the effort.

I took these photos from their booth. If you haven't noticed, take a look at our fugly hoses, they're dreadful IMO. Kits will go for around $200-$250 depending on the number of hoses needed. Once the molds are made, any color can be ordered.

I was going to be the donor but if someone else is willing then I'd prefer to just order a set when there done.

Is anyone interested?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I'm definitely in. Black for me. Must be good quality though.

·
Registered
152 Posts
While at Laguna Seca Moto GP this year I met one of the guys from OPP racing. I inquired about them making a silicone hose kit for the SF. He said he could have it done but we need a MINIMUM of ten for order. We would also need a donor set of whom would get a free kit for the effort.

I took these photos from their booth. If you haven't noticed, take a look at our fugly hoses, they're dreadful IMO. Kits will go for around $200-$250 depending on the number of hoses needed. Once the molds are made, any color can be ordered.

I was going to be the donor but if someone else is willing then I'd prefer to just order a set when there done.

Is anyone interested?

I'm interested too. My bike is actually down right now for paint and some other items, so the donor idea may be feasible. Did they say how long it would take to make the molds? I could have the hoses off this week easily.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm interested too. My bike is actually down right now for paint and some other items, so the donor idea may be feasible. Did they say how long it would take to make the molds? I could have the hoses off this week easily.
I can't remember what the turn around was. We've already got three so I'm guessing ten won't be too hard. I'll give him a call and find out more specifics.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I can't remember what the turn around was. We've already got three so I'm guessing ten won't be too hard. I'll give him a call and find out more specifics.
Sounds like a plan...keep me posted and if all's well, then I'll get the hoses off and shipped out ASAP.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We're going to have some silicone hoses for about $130/set for the SF...

-M
Even better. Will you be doing colors and when can we expect them?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
moto
Please accept my order for one complete set in black....as long as the quality is excellent..... ;-) thanks.
Please advise ETA when you can.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Availability on Motowheels? How long?

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'll take a set too...

In shiny black.

This may be a stupid question, but can you access all the hose clamps without removing the tank, or excess bodywork?

Oh, finally, can anyone photochop a set onto a SF photo? A black, blue, and a red set so we can see what the result would be before buying?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm in for a black set as well.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thanks for the response...

I' can't say for sure how much you will have to remove to get to the hoses.
We had easy access when we removed the hoses:

-M
I'm headed out to the garage to have a look... My initial guess id that one or two hoses will be a bear...

Edit: Swapping the hoses will not be an easy job. Just be aware that at the minimum, the tank, airbox and chin fairing will have to be removed. The first hose I looked at was on the right side of the bike and it was the small line on the bottom of the coolant tank that the cooling system will use to draw in coolant if needed. The clamp holding the hose the the tank was positioned in such a way that the screw head was facing down toward the belt cover. To replace this hose the coolant tank will have to be removed. A quick inspection of the remainder of the hoses was mixed, some simple, others completely impossible without major disassembly of the machine...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yeah...

Starting to sound like a winter project.
I'd still buy a set, but it'll be more involved than most will assume, and possibly out of the technical ability of some owners. I'd hate to see what the dealer would charge you for installation... The $140 will pale compared to 5 hours of shop time...

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'd love to get my hands on them right now...I have all the bodywork off my bike and it would be an ideal time to do the swap.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts