Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Group Buy for Lightweight Belt Rollers

32K views 270 replies 54 participants last post by  Cardi 
#1 ·
Trying to gauge interest in a group buy for timing belt rollers, camshaft timing gears, ergal cam pulleys, etc. The product you find here:
STM DUCATI LIGHTWEIGHT PULLEY KIT FOR 4 VALVE

This would not be a brand buy, but a US made product produced at a manufacturer for aircraft parts, using 5 axis, state-of-the-art mill turn centers (2009+ HAAS, Mori Seiki, etc).

Details:
-$150 or less
-Aluminum 7075 (aka Ergal)
-Black/Red/or Natural (dark gray) Anodized
-1.5-2lb weight loss
-Adjustable
-749/999/848/1098/1198 compatible

Would be approx 3-6 weeks lead time. Special colors are discouraged, but possible ($50 extra, depending on how many want it). May possibly fit the earlier models, as suggested by the above source.

Please comment on this thread if you would be interested in such a purchase. The price listed is the highest estimate, and it will likely be 10-30% cheaper, depending on number of colors/etc. Thank you.

See less See more
#11 ·
So here is the running tally
-c911s
-stretta
-draganc
-ctwon
-IE-848
-Speedmade
-ZDM
-unbalanced
We are halfway there. The numbers work with 10 people, but the price is much better if we hit 20/25. Let's let this simmer for another week or so and see how things turn out.

Next question is are you willing to put down a deposit to receive such an item? This would be pretty crucial to making this thing work. I would think 50% to cover material and initial NRE/programming fees would be sufficient, pay the balance before shipping. Otherwise it then comes out of my pocket and that's kinda dicey....

Please post again if you are willing and able to come up with the $50-$75 at the initial outlay of this project. Thank you.

#14 ·
Fitment/Compatibility

I do not believe they are a direct swap for 748/916/996 however I do believe if you run different belts you can make these work, I will see if I can find the thread where it was mentioned.

I do believe they will fit the 998 I will check the part numbers later. Thank you.

#37 ·
Running tally so far
-c911s
-stretta
-draganc
-ctwon
-IE-848
-Speedmade
-unbalanced
-Testastrat
-Jyrki
-widewalker
-2fasst
-Tractionless
-larrylarry

It looks like we're doing black as red does not take well to hard anodize. In the interest of keeping costs down, we are sticking to a single color. Natural gears are plentifully available in the aftermarket, hope this is not a deal-breaker for anyone.

I would like to give this another week to see if we receive anymore traction and start laying down the plans then.
Is adding me to the list the answer my question above?

#28 ·
Running tally so far
-c911s
-stretta
-draganc
-ctwon
-IE-848
-Speedmade
-unbalanced
-Testastrat
-Jyrki
-widewalker
-2fasst
-Tractionless
-larrylarry

It looks like we're doing black as red does not take well to hard anodize. In the interest of keeping costs down, we are sticking to a single color. Natural gears are plentifully available in the aftermarket, hope this is not a deal-breaker for anyone.

I would like to give this another week to see if we receive anymore traction and start laying down the plans then.

#202 ·
I'm changing my tuning approach for my engine and don't need the rollers anymore.

I'm selling my $75 down payment (black) for $50! PM for PayPal details.
After PP cleared, I'll post "transfer-note" and send Cardi an email.

PS: would also trade for a 749/999 race stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.