Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
241 - 260 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Parts are done. Just received from the Anodizer today. Will start packing them this week and over the weekend and hopefully get some or all out on Saturday (4.13.2013).
Payment sent, thanks again for all the hard work!!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
USPS literally ran out of flat rate envelopes, I had to drive to a second one to collect enough. By the time I got there and dealt with the lines of people filing their taxes I had used up my entire lunch hour. I spent last night labelling and packing so it should be all of 15 minutes to do it today, will email tracking numbers when they go out.

I just want to take the time now to reiterate that not only do I have a 9-5, but I also have a 5.30-9 (meaning I work two jobs) which affords me very little free time. Your patience and understanding is appreciated.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
Most of the packages went out today, still a few I need to send out for international and payments that were received later. I will email tracking numbers tonight. Most will arrive on Friday. Thank you,

·
Registered
254 Posts
Got'm Today

When I got home today there was carefully packaged envelope in my mailbox. At first glance my rollers look great. I didn't specify a color and mine have a bronze look to them. When I have some time I will weigh them individually and perhaps put a mic on them. In short THANKS CARDI!! A bit of a wait, but now that I see them, I don't mind.

·
Trackday Junkie
1,374 Posts
Not home yet, but apparently it is waiting for me at the door. Excited!!

Now, a question, are these bolt ons or does the valve timing need to be checked. Wondering if i can do it myself or should i wait for my upcoming valve adj/check and have the dealer do it?

In other words, will it cost a lot to install them?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #252 (Edited)
My inbox is now clear. If you have purchased already or any questions in that regard, please email. PMs can go unread for weeks.

A bit of word on the color, as stated, it is natural anodize. The reason it is not a dark gray like all of the other sets out there is because these are made from 7075 not the cheaper and weaker 6061. Al6061 will appear as a darker gray when hard anodized due to the chemical composition. This one, as observed, is a bronze.

Here it is compared with two DLC gears

Here is an engineering sample red gear, ended up scrapping these:

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Color is bronze slight tint of green / grey. Now if I can put them on myself or pay to have them done. I prefer to do as much mechanic work as possible. Never done it before so - Triklidz has great blog that helped I need to continue my search for information and prepare. Thanks Cardi!
What, you got 6??

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #256

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #260
After accounting for the members who took part in the initial buy, I do have a fair number of sets left, please contact me if you are interested, they may be going up on eBay.

For anyone interested in Black, I am planning to have DLC coated sets available, though these will be in the neighborhood of $300-$350. Chrome can also be done for the same price range. PM me for details, though this will likely go through a forum sponsor thread shortly. Thank you.

241 - 260 of 271 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.