Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dept. of Suspension triple clamp group buy.

20 sets of clamps sold @ $675 per set

40 sets of clamps sold @ $615 per set

60 sets of clamps sold @ $575 per set

For details of how the buy will work and why these are so good including pics follow the links below

details 749/999
http://departmentofsuspension.com/DucatiGroupBuy/tripleclamp749999.html

748/916/996/998
http://departmentofsuspension.com/DucatiGroupBuy/tripleclamp748998.html

if you're interested just send Jason an email requesting an order form
[email protected]

Details from Dept. of Suspension:

The quantities will be included with the 748-998 triple group buy

Options: You can order them in black or silver You can order them with either a 56 or 53mm lower triple clamp so they will work with Ohlins or Showa forks. No extra spacers this time.

Deposits and payment: I will require a $200 deposit on each set of clamps when ordered. This must be made by check, cashiers check, money order. The point here is that your deposit is NON REFUNDABLE. When the ordering time period is closed I will contact you for the balance which can be paid by Paypal, Visa or Mastercard. I wish I did not have to do it this way but I pay to get these produced up front. If 40 of you order clamps and 20 back out I am in deep, deep trouble. If you are not comfortable with this arrangement I am truly sorry but we will not be able to make a deal.
Group Buy time offer: I will keep the group buy open for 30 days (10/10/2008) or to when we have 60 sets ordered which ever comes first.

Delivery time: Once the Group Buy time period of 30 days is over we will order aluminum which takes about a week to be delivered. Schedule the shop to set the CNC machines up to run the clamps which is about 10 days. After the clamps are cut they are sent out for anodizing which takes a week. Then we get the clamps back to the shop, sort them out, match them to orders, box them up and ship them out. This takes 3-4 days. Total time from the close of ordering to the day we ship is approximately 5 weeks.

Shipping:
Inside the lower 48 $18

Canada and Hawaii $30

All other international shipping $60

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jason always has the auto reply switched on, he's pretty busy but should send out the order form soon, he may well be waiting for initial response and send everyone at once. when i get one i'll see if i can attach to the thread.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don't particularly like the 'check or money order only' deposit, but regardless i sent jason an email showing interest. It also makes me uneasy he's so hard to get ahold of. Hmm.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I have his Triples on my 999S he is also re-doing my forks/shock, as he is an Ohlins guru, yes he is super slammed this week, yet I spoke to him ealier this week and he is slammed.

Yet he is very trust-worthy, a stand-up guy. And he really knows Ducati's.

The triples I have are form his "last" batch. Excellent quality, nice attention to detail, super strong.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
I have a set of his triples on my 998. I went through the same group buy process a few years ago.

Be patient, Jason will get back to you.

-Chris

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Order form + new closing date 10/30/2008

I've attached the order form.

quote from Jason:

Group Buy time offer: I will keep the group buy open until 10/30/2008 or to when we have 60 sets ordered which ever comes first.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tye, mbevans, c911 just wondering what you guys think of Jason's triples and the 27mm offset thing? superquick turnin without loss of stabiliity?

i know it's possible and anyone who's ridden a cagiva mito will know, it's possible to have lightening turn in without sacrificing stability and it has to be more than the super light weight thing.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
tye, mbevans, c911 just wondering what you guys think of Jason's triples and the 27mm offset thing? superquick turnin without loss of stabiliity?

i know it's possible and anyone who's ridden a cagiva mito will know, it's possible to have lightening turn in without sacrificing stability and it has to be more than the super light weight thing.
I have his 27mm offset on my 999R. Yes, super quick turn-in, AND super stable.

The only thing, although minor, is that the bottom triple clamps are not radiused, potentially causing stress points on your forks. I actually took a file to mine to soften the edges :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Anyone know if the offset triples by "Nichols" will fit a 06 749 with Showa forks. They have them in stock and I'm trying to get offsets on my bike this season. No one seems to have any specific for my bike in stock, although there are a couple of manufacturers stating they will be in production soon (not for this riding season). Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you are a track rider or racer, this is probably one of the best investments you can buy. The bike will steer muck quicker with less effort. You will be surprised how little effort is required to steer the bike. After a 20 min session of hard ridding, you will be glad you have them!

These triples are confidence inspiring. If you can't tell I love my triples from Jason. Next step is to have him do my showa forks with ohlins valves.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I'm interested too, sent email too a couple of weeks ago. Still waiting :think:

·
Registered
65 Posts
anyone else care to attest to the handling benefits offered by these triples?
Sure, much quicker turn-in, eliminates the feel that you sometimes get that you're having to strong arm your bike to get it to drop into a corner. Only downside I've seen so far is that when the front end gets light on an uphill crest on hard acceleration, the non-adjustable stock steering damper on my 749S is not doing enough to keep the bars from doing a bit too much wiggle for my taste. I'll be getting an adjustable steering damper soon. But definitely recommend a 27mm offset triple clamp.

·
wishes it was summer
697 Posts
anyone else care to attest to the handling benefits offered by these triples?
As others have noted, the bike will steer much easier with the offset triples and 23.5 deg rake while being super stable. I thought my 748 with magnesium wheels steered fast with the OEM offset until I rode my 749R with the 23.5 deg rake and offset triple.

The only downside IMO, is the bike flicks over too quick for my taste on the street. Makes the bike feel a little bit twitchy at the pace you can safely ride on the street/twisties.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
The 27mm offset and 23.5 deg rake will make the bike's front end, perform like its suppose to. Ducati doesn't use this offset naturally because it does tend to be a bit on the quick-turning side for around-town use. I'm sure there focus when designing the street model was more towards slow stability, less high-speed.

These offset's produce a quicker steering bike. I noticed it right away, after installing them, though I already had magnesium wheels on my bike. You do loose some stability with the 27mm offset's, but the benefits outweigh the consequences. The missing stability is mainly on exiting corners and getting the power down, the wheel base is just not there. To compensate for that, you just need to make the eccentric as long as you can, to try and stretch out what you've already got. Of course, getting the 19mm longer magnesium swing arm, is an option, but its expensive and the difference would probably be pretty negligible to us mere mortals.

If you plan on buying the 27mm's for street use, I'd think hard about it. The bike really has less stability when going slow. I had to turn my steering locks in a ton to compensate for this, otherwise, the front wheel could easily go from lock to lock on its own when going slow. On the track, they're a lifesaver and truly worth the price of admission.

Just to let you know, you've gotta follow Jason's setup guide when you get these. Following his book will fix so many issues with you're bike, but you've really gotta be willing to put some serious time into tuning. Throwing them on and riding, isn't gonna work.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 29 Posts