Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm new to bikes, but i've done a project on a car.

Where do I start with a sport classic 1000? Where can I get a frame and parts? (I don't care which year)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Where do you start?

The best place is the classifieds here on ducati.ms - you will need a few more posts to your name before you can place a wanted ad but if parts come up for sale you can PM the seller to seal the deal

Next place to look is ebay where just about every part is for sale. Some Countries/States/Cities have their own specific auction or classified sites that you will need to check regularly as well

A good tip is to read this forum and use the search function to get to know what parts are interchangeable between different models - sometimes the equivalent sport classic part sells for more than what the exact same part say off a monster sells for - do your homework

How do I know? I'm doing the same thing, building an '06 at the moment. So far parts have come from USA, Italy, England, Germany and New Zealand.

It is not going to be cheaper than buying a complete bike, but it is certainly a challenge and a lot fun!

Good luck

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Don't just build an SC, build a better version. If you want inspiration check out Geoff's Build 43. It would be easier, cheaper and better to do it this way, IMO.

...and while you're at it, maybe use the Hypermotard 1100 engine?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Don't just build an SC, build a better version. If you want inspiration check out Geoff's Build 43. It would be easier, cheaper and better to do it this way, IMO.

...and while you're at it, maybe use the Hypermotard 1100 engine?
Geoff really nailed it! Awesome ride. I really have to fin some time and get my hands dirty too. He must have had an awesome time building this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts