Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the stock grips and wanted to buy a new pair, as I just installed the Dual Star heated grips (elements) and the old ones seemed a bit loose after reinstalling.

Just got off the phone with the local dealer and Ducati only sells their stock grips ('01 ST2) with the throttle tube included for the low, low price of $34.00.

WTF??

·
Registered
85 HD, 87 Paso 750, 94 Bimota DB2, 94 GSXR750, 96 GSXR1100, 98 ST2, 00 R1, 01 M900, 02 748, 03 999
3,451 Posts
Pricey, aren't they? I ran into the same situation when I had to replace the right grip and throttle tube on my 748 from a low-side on the track. I HAD to buy the left grip with them (I havd a spare left grip, now). I don't have the part number handy, but they *may* be a little cheaper here...

http://powersportspro.com/

Oh yeah....the right grip is designed for the throttle tube, as there is a raised section there that the grip fits onto (two places). You can fit aftermarket grips, but you might have to trim this raised lip off of the throttle tube.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.