Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to change out the grips on the 2014 MTS-S WITH heated grips.

Some of the posts say you need 2 sets...ala both my BMW's...and you only use the right sides...some posts don't mention this at all.

So the question...for a 2014 S WITH heated grips...1 set or 2 sets of grips?

TIA!!!

Mark

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
114 people have looked at this post and not 1 answer? Does this mean nobody really knows? Hmmmm....

·
Registered
110 Posts
I don’t have a Multi, but I did have a ‘14 Diavel Strada which had the multi heated grips at that time. What I can tell you is, the whole grip units replace the stock ones (for my bike). Mine were side specific, so I don’t see how buying two would help. Granted your Multi might be different, but this was the same pattern when I had the heated grips installed on the scrambler, there was clearly a left and right side; the left required drilling to install a pin to hold the heated grip unit in place.

Don’t know if that will help, just figured I would offer what I do know. Good Luck!

Current: ‘15 Monster 1200, ‘16 Scrambler Icon
Sold: ‘14 Diavel Strada, ‘12 Monster 1100evo, ‘09 Monster 1100, ‘08 NM Hypermotard #7

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I don't know but I am also curious. I suppose if the can remove the grip without damaging the elements then 2 throttle sized grips would be the best option. I recall reading about a brand the BMW guys use that will sell 2 throttle side so you are not buying 2 complete sets.

Good Luck and please share what you learn.
t_bare

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'd like to know the answer as well.
Went through this with a BMW a year ago, just bought a Multi.

Subscribing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've replaced the grips on my Multi.
I used a left and a right. Didn't think about it. Didn't occur to me to think about it.
Everything worked out just fine.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I didn't know this was a thing, and all I had were smart a$$ responses. So I kept them to myself. :)

I did, however, install aftermarket heated grips from Oxford on my 2015 Multi. Both sides fit perfectly, just had to trim the length of the grips a bit.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Heated Grips

If you are talking about replacing OEM grips which are molded to fit over heat elements and connections w/after market grips, the answer is you need (2) throttle size grips, so (2) rights. the left grip will be backwards(depending on pattern/design on grips, this may/may not matter). Also, OEM grips are relieved at flanged end of grip, on inside for the wires. You will need to duplicate this by removing material on inside of grip so they will fit. BTW, Ducati does not sell these grips separately even if you wanted them.
Tom

·
Registered
982 Posts
Yes, you can use a set of standard grips, but the left side will be rather tight and not all grips will fit.

Me? I do what other mentioned and use two throttle side grips. Buy two packs and you're good to go. It hurts a bit more if you go with something pricier like Spider Grips. I tend to go more with Pro Grips.

Now, what to do with all the leftover clutch side grips...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts