Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, just a wondering if anyone would know why my clutch gets grippy when riding the clutch at take off. Its a 05 749s with only 3000km. I have cleaned out the clutch which helps a very little bit but the problem comes back straight away. Any advice would be great>

Thanks
spiro749

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
the "dished" steel plate - the one with the dot stamped into it - helps make the engagement more progressive; yours is probably flattened out. Try swapping a regular flat steel for an extra dished plate in the middle of the stack. It's worked for me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ahh... The ever popular clutch honk! The dished plate Matt is referring to is about two plates out from the back. I have moved these out further maybe 2 or 3 spaces and have had good results. Although, Matt's fix has seemed to work for him also. Thanks Matt. I'll give your way a go next time.

Cheers...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Grease it

Before putting your clutchpack back in - take the steel discs and give them a VERY VERY light cover of copper grease. The amount should just be visible. Works perfect :D

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I got something similar today. Had ridden the bike for 15-20 mins and I was in a small road doing a u-turn when it happened. Engine running -> clutch pulled -> releasing clutch and giving some gas -> bike stumped. Sort of felt like it was in second gear, but then again the clutch didn't give any chance, it just released and that caused the engine to stop. Weirdly enough after a small break and almost giving up it started working. Air in the lines? Worn plates? Master cylinder? The liquids have been changed 100km ago and this was sort of one off thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts