Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find some grips (gel?) for my Monster 1100, '09, which will help with numbness/tingling of the hands?

Thanks-

Mat

·
Mr Leakered
8,823 Posts
On my old bike, a naked ZR-7, my hands would tingle and also get pretty cold commuting most days. I added some heated grips that were a bit larger in diameter. They solved both problems and are pretty freakin' nice on any cool day.

With some surgery, I was able to remove them and put them on my ST when I bought it last July.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
After some years of looking for something the right O.D. and durometer, I recently bought some tennis racket tape. It may be ugly (actually, it is) but it works perfectly for me. It was also cheap, reversible, and reusable. Go to Dicks sporting goods and look through the tennis and baseball sections as there will be a total of about 15 different variations of the stuff. I will try post some pics later.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've read elsewhere about fitment issues with the Rizoma, though maybe not on a Monster 1100?

I had thought about just the wrap...like on a road (pedal) bike...but yea...that'd be fugly. Maybe put it on for the trip, then take it off quick before the chicks saw it....

·
Registered
511 Posts
Those Rizomas are about $150. You can buy any number of dirt bike, or street bike grips for less than $25. Are any grips worth 6 times what 90% of the other grips are worth? I don't think so, unless image is all that matters.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I use progrips and heavy bars ends to eliminate some vibration. The vibration and the small diameter of the grips are what causes the discomfort.

·
Registered
53 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
Rizomas are expensive but they arent just the rubber slide on grip. They are a full new aluminum piece that goes over the handlebar.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Here are the pics I promised. I told you they were ugly. But they are comfy and pretty much rid me of the cramps and occasional numbness. If I don't like the feel, I just take them off and re-wrap in a different way - twenty minutes and it's ready to try again.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Rizomas are very nice looking, I had them on a Monster. However, a good gel grip beats them for comfort every time.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
The rizoma grips aren't comfy and they are shorter then stock grips aswell so you might have to do some cutting to make them fit.
Imo they're for looks only

·
Registered
105 Posts
The rizoma grips aren't comfy and they are shorter then stock grips aswell so you might have to do some cutting to make them fit.
Imo they're for looks only
This is what I thought. More practical grips are for me then. Off to find a good looking pair of gel grips...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts