Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not in the habit of shilling products, but..if you are tired of squashing your nads and killing your wrists go to www.techspec-usa.com.

get a set of their grip panels. I ride a lot in downtown san francisco where road conditions are extremely poor. A lot of bumpy downhill sudden stops. I was getting tender..then I got a set of their grip panels for the 749 and it was like magic. the things are amazing and peel on/off as well.the finish is perfect and they totally completey improve the ride.

I then got the 996 and really wanted a set, so they said send in a pattern and we will make them for you..so in 2 weeks they will offer them for 996 as well.

best 45 bucks I have spent on the bike.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I went to a ski shop that does boot fitting & bought a 4'x4' sheet of 3/8" closed cell rubber with a sticky backing that they use for fitting purposes.

It was $20 and I have enough to last many seasons...

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Seems like a very good idea for my trackday tank..

Thanks for the info!

//amullo

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
kozik said:
I am not in the habit of shilling products, but..if you are tired of squashing your nads and killing your wrists go to www.techspec-usa.com.

get a set of their grip panels. I ride a lot in downtown san francisco where road conditions are extremely poor. A lot of bumpy downhill sudden stops. I was getting tender..then I got a set of their grip panels for the 749 and it was like magic. the things are amazing and peel on/off as well.the finish is perfect and they totally completey improve the ride.

I then got the 996 and really wanted a set, so they said send in a pattern and we will make them for you..so in 2 weeks they will offer them for 996 as well.

best 45 bucks I have spent on the bike.
What does the pattern for the 996 look like, tank & air box?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tank and rear hugger. I have long legs and just grip the top of the tank up under the bulge, I dont grip down on the airbox.

when they show up Ill post a pic of them on the bike.

i like the product because they bevel and chamfer the edges so the panels look like they 'belong'. those clear ones look weird to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts