Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to change my grips but cant find the answer to ......

are both sides the same diameter or the same as most pairs of grips, accelerator side bigger ?

and any tips or things to be careful about when changing

cheers

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Grips vary in size from left to right because of the throttle tube. I don't know that I've ever seen a pair of same sized grips for a bike that were packaged together. I would assume grips that were atv or watercraft specific would be the same size?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just put on a pair of Pro grip grips ask for 7/8 " bar dia. grips one will be a bit larger I think the actual grip dims. are 22mm and 25mm. Just be careful taking the old grips off if you have heated grips the heating coil wires are exposed. look at the Spyder Grip peak grips they look great I wanted them but couldn't get them up here in Canada

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just put on a pair of Pro grip grips ask for 7/8 " bar dia. grips one will be a bit larger I think the actual grip dims. are 22mm and 25mm. Just be careful taking the old grips off if you have heated grips the heating coil wires are exposed. look at the Spyder Grip peak grips they look great I wanted them but couldn't get them up here in Canada
THANKYOU so much Morty thats exactly what i needed confirming :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just put a set of Peak grips on the multi. Blast old ones off with compressed air. Blast new ones on with compressed air.

Even with the air the Spider Grips were a snug fit.

Reactions: littlebob
1 - 5 of 5 Posts