Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow Ducati fans!
Kevin here from Singapore, and riding a Monster 1100S.

Looking forward to exploring the world of Ducati with all of you 馃

Administrator
Hi Kevin and welcome. Glad to have you here.

Premium Member
1997 748 Mono
Welcome! I love Singapore and can't wait until I am able to get back over there

Registered
Hey fellow Ducati fans!
Kevin here from Singapore, and riding a Monster 1100S.

Looking forward to exploring the world of Ducati with all of you 馃
Welcome Kevin. I love Singapore. One of my favorite cities to visit. Always love staying at the Marina Bay Sands and enjoying the incredible food in town. 馃構
Hope riding that Monster around the city is fun. Must be hot & wet at times! 鈽

Registered
Welcome Kevin. I love Singapore. One of my favorite cities to visit. Always love staying at the Marina Bay Sands and enjoying the incredible food in town. 馃構
Hope riding that Monster around the city is fun. Must be hot & wet at times! 鈽

View attachment 997056
Wow I would love to row on that bit of water, is that salt or fresh? Looks fast for rowing but some damn power boat will wreck that no doubt.
Welcome silly monkey.

Registered
That's salt water, the channel from the Bay into the Singapore Strait of the Java Sea... in pink circle:

Registered
That's salt water, the channel from the Bay into the Singapore Strait of the Java Sea... in pink circle:

View attachment 997087
So bottom right where the clouds are is that the bay? Across between Marina East park and Marina South at about 4 o clock from your pink mark is ther some sort of weir or lock? that would explaiu such flat water.

Sorry silly monkey I am not trying to hijack your post

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
hey all!
no worries @Stillrollinalong it's refreshing to see that some of you who have such interest in this tiny country of ours.
to answer your question, that part you mentioned, there is what is called the "marina barrage". it's a dam which opens and closes depending on rainfall and water levels.

there are other water areas further inland, like the kallang river, where it's more popular with rowers, because of the facilities and infrastructure built there.

Registered
Sounds great! I miss that amazing food of Straits Kitchen in the Scott鈥檚 Road Grand Hyatt. Some of the best meals & fun I鈥檝e ever had there.
And as a guitarist, became friendly with the guitarist and band leader Michael who played regularly at that Brix club downstairs.
Good times for sure. 馃憤

1 - 11 of 11 Posts