Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
06 999R RAD02, 06 999R, 06 999.
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Christian and I'm new here. Currently taking my license and looking into buying my first Ducati. Have driven the Ducati Monster S4 to get into things, and I'm now trying to decide on which beauty will be my first bike.

Having a hard time choosing between getting an older 748/916/996 or if I'm gonna go with a 999. Any positives/negatives about either model would be helpful in my decision, and would be greatly appreciated.

Would also love making a Ducati based cafe racer in the future, but that is probably a long term thing.

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Welcome.
How much riding season you have there nerval? All street? Lots of twisting roads and high speed limits?

I've owned both of those bikes and they are wonderful in their own ways. I personally prefer the 748. But each has negative aspects too. If you do not have many twisting roads to ride, I would say that you should try a Hyper or Monster before you buy. The 748 and 999 are wonderful track day bikes.

Best wishes.

·
Registered
06 999R RAD02, 06 999R, 06 999.
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There should be no lack of fun roads to ride around here, with lots of twists and turns. The speedlimits however aren't the highest, and fines are skyhigh here. I have tested out the monster mostly so far and find out to be a fun bike and it's for sure a possibility. Been looking at the streetfighter also, but nothing for sale for months so I would probably have to look into imports in that case.

Do you feel the 748 has enough power? What's your experiences concerning maintenance? Would love to do a lot of it myself. Any difference between the 748 and 999 in regards of diy maintenance?

·
Administrator
12,892 Posts
Welcome to Ducati.ms, super glad to have you here. Good luck getting your first Ducati!

Please fill in your location information in the UserCP Edit Your Details section then enjoy the site.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts