Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Newly registered member residing in the Oslo area, Norway.
I picked up a new 2016 MTS 1200S just a couple of weeks ago (previously a Monster owner).

As spring is approaching Scandinavia now, I finally got to ride my new bike for the first time a couple of days ago.

Cheers

·
Registered
567 Posts
Hi there,

Newly registered member residing in the Oslo area, Norway.
I picked up a new 2016 MTS 1200S just a couple of weeks ago (previously a Monster owner).

As spring is approaching Scandinavia now, I finally got to ride my new bike for the first time a couple of days ago.

Cheers

Hi jkjern, Welcome! I'm fairly new here too, also in Norway - Drammen area, where winter is still in full force at 160m elevation (50mm ice on my driveway still!) and still too much grit / salt dust on the roads for me to drag the bikes out - need some good spring showers :)
Speaking of spring, I see it's just around the corner though!!

Reactions: mlukason

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
Välkommen!!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Välkommen!!
Hi Anders - any advice on good places in Sweden for Ducati servicing... I think the local option is rather expensive here...! That and they don't answer emails, twice...
Sorry for the hijack..!

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
Hi Anders - any advice on good places in Sweden for Ducati servicing... I think the local option is rather expensive here...! That and they don't answer emails, twice...
Sorry for the hijack..!
How about Eker performance in Norway, they are pretty good I think..

But anyway.
Best in Sweden is probably Italia Bike Center in Arboga (~400km) Italiabikecenter |
Very good mechanics and very hospitable. tomtom, who is a member here, works there as a mechanic and is also probably the best Ducati tuner in scandinavia and other Ducati dealerships send stuff to them that they canot solve. It is a 2 hour drive from me and I go there with my bike for service and tuning. I have friends in Norway that go there aswell with both street bikes and racebikes. They have built engines for racing and they are active in raceservice and so on. There salesguy is Dangerous! I was going to buy a 750SS, but walked out with a limited edition 748SP. Be warned! :D

You can also go down to Biscaya motor in Hol, they have worked on Ducati for ever! The first importer of Ducati in Sweden, so for older bikes they are very good. slightly closer at ~300km.
Välkommen till Biscaya Motor - sveriges 'centro d'italia' sedan 1981

Both of them are good, but I never give my business to anyone other then Italia Bike Center.
First, because I think they are best
second, I know them and I have come to trust them to be honest and very fair.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
How about Eker performance in Norway, they are pretty good I think..

But anyway.
Best in Sweden is probably Italia Bike Center in Arboga (~400km) Italiabikecenter |
Very good mechanics and very hospitable. tomtom, who is a member here, works there as a mechanic and is also probably the best Ducati tuner in scandinavia and other Ducati dealerships send stuff to them that they canot solve. It is a 2 hour drive from me and I go there with my bike for service and tuning. I have friends in Norway that go there aswell with both street bikes and racebikes. They have built engines for racing and they are active in raceservice and so on. There salesguy is Dangerous! I was going to buy a 750SS, but walked out with a limited edition 748SP. Be warned! :D

You can also go down to Biscaya motor in Hol, they have worked on Ducati for ever! The first importer of Ducati in Sweden, so for older bikes they are very good. slightly closer at ~300km.
Välkommen till Biscaya Motor - sveriges 'centro d'italia' sedan 1981

Both of them are good, but I never give my business to anyone other then Italia Bike Center.
First, because I think they are best
second, I know them and I have come to trust them to be honest and very fair.
--------------

I have just picked up my 916 from IBC today and have to commend them on the fantastic service they have given me. Tom and Janne really did some good work on my bike. There were so helpful and great to chat to.
Hahaha…and their sales guy is fantastic.

I have purchased many parts from Biscaya. Panta and his team are also extremely helpful and also offer 1st class service. These two Ducati dealers I hold in the highest regard.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Thanks Guys - great advice there and this is the sort of recommendations I like to hear - appreciate the time...
I´ll drop them a line and get a booking - couple of days round trip and good excuse to get away for a bit :)

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
Thanks Guys - great advice there and this is the sort of recommendations I like to hear - appreciate the time...
I´ll drop them a line and get a booking - couple of days round trip and good excuse to get away for a bit :)
Make sure Tom massages your SPS.
He got his hands on my -98 916SPS and reset the cam centerlines to 108/108 and mapped a custom chip for my P8 and the bike was flawless.
Just a "slight" diffrence.. :grin2:
Funny thing.. These results are he replicates on the "first flight" Testastretta 996R aswell, just with higher numbers ofcourse *Hint hint*:surprise::grin2:

My -98 SPS. Reset stock cams to centerline 108/108, remap, SPS standard 50mm full system with inside welds filed down. So basically a bike as it should have come from the factory. Wheelied easily in second with a slow rising front from roll-on at around 6k rpm

Reactions: Neil66

·
Registered
567 Posts
Make sure Tom massages your SPS.
He got his hands on my -98 916SPS and reset the cam centerlines to 108/108 and mapped a custom chip for my P8 and the bike was flawless.
Just a "slight" diffrence.. :grin2:
Funny thing.. These results are he replicates on the "first flight" Testastretta 996R aswell, just with higher numbers ofcourse *Hint hint*:surprise::grin2:

My -98 SPS. Reset stock cams to centerline 108/108, remap, SPS standard 50mm full system with inside welds filed down. So basically a bike as it should have come from the factory. Wheelied easily in second with a slow rising front from roll-on at around 6k rpm
Woah!! That´s a darned fine healthy increase..!!! Email sent to start with the R (the SPS isn´t on plates), thanks!!!!
Whilst there I´ll chat them up about "freshening" up my 900SS engine next winter - it´s approaching 60k and uses oil like a stroker!!

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
Woah!! That´s a darned fine healthy increase..!!! Email sent to start with the R (the SPS isn´t on plates), thanks!!!!
Whilst there I´ll chat them up about "freshening" up my 900SS engine next winter - it´s approaching 60k and uses oil like a stroker!!
Do so. I know he has fixed up some 996R/998S bikes to breath better and produce more power. ALSO check the throttle stop on the 996R and make sure it opens fully. You will need to take the tank off. Some 996R/998S intakes seem to not open fully at WOT, so you need to grind the mechanical fully open stop down to actuelly fully open the throttles.. go figure.

The 900 must need new rings.. I´m gonna guess that you have two good options.. New piston rings OR upgrade barrels/pistons while your at it. say a 944 High comp? Makes the bike alot more fun after the midrange is spent on each gear.
I do know a friend who put a 1000ds in his 800ss.. Made for a very quick ride!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Do so. I know he has fixed up some 996R/998S bikes to breath better and produce more power. ALSO check the throttle stop on the 996R and make sure it opens fully. You will need to take the tank off. Some 996R/998S intakes seem to not open fully at WOT, so you need to grind the mechanical fully open stop down to actuelly fully open the throttles.. go figure.

The 900 must need new rings.. I´m gonna guess that you have two good options.. New piston rings OR upgrade barrels/pistons while your at it. say a 944 High comp? Makes the bike alot more fun after the midrange is spent on each gear.
I do know a friend who put a 1000ds in his 800ss.. Made for a very quick ride!
Thanks for the tips - our back & forth here should be pulled off into a separate thread rather than in the welocme area but hey ho wtf :p

Yep, pretty convinced it needs rings, and very probably a top end refresh as well - I´m also considering doing it myself - I´m not afraid - just inexperienced in these engines... I´ve built many a racing A-series mini engine & boxes in years gone by, and done a lot of 2-stroke rebuilds but for some reason with 4-stroke bikes and Ducs the most tech thing I have done / do is servicing / belts & gen maintenance...
I think tackling a barrels & heads job should be well within my means though, but also sometimes with work / family it´s finding the time and things have a helluva habit of dragging out - lucky we get long winters up here :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts