Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I have been viewing this forum since I took delivery of my HM1100S back in October of 2008. Since then I've accumulated 6,500 miles of ear to ear grin. The Hyper is an amazing bike with real world rideability and comfort. I've been riding for 10yrs+ and live in the Chicagoland area. Anyone interested in hitting the road please let me know, I'm always ready to ride.
Attached are a few pics from my recent trip to the dragon. Enjoy

Once again, greetings to all and thanks for the useful insight and information found in these pages.

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
Nice pics! Looks like you've ground down a footpeg or two in your journeys...

Just got back from a 3-day ride in the northernmost parts of California (state
routes 36 and 3) and I'm missing the curves already! Good roads, good scenery,
few cars, it's just a euphoric experience out there on the Hyper... :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Nice pics.

Even though I am much closer to Deals Gap, I have never been there... mostly because I have heard there are too many two wheeled barges clogging up the the road like the one in your third pic and it isn't worth it... what was the traffic like for a holiday weekend? Were you able to ride at a decent pace, or was it moments of bliss mixed with hours of frustration?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice pics! What a great looking piece of tarmac. I'd love to get down there sometime.
Deals Gap and the surrounding area is an amazing place for those who have never been. Keep in mind, that the Dragon can be quite congested during the weekends (including law enforcement). These pictures were taken during the middle of the week and I found it fairly wide open.
I’ve been to the Dragon a half dozen times on previous rides which were a 02 SV650 and a 06 Kaw Z1000. The Hyper is by far the most rewarding and fun out of the three. It is so easy to throw side to side and is much more stable.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Great pics but how could you let that Harley / Goldwing thing pass you???

·
Registered
46 Posts
Were you there August 17th. If you were I saw you. I was on a black hyper S with 2-1 ti termi and was with my buddy on a red hyper S

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Were you there August 17th. If you were I saw you. I was on a black hyper S with 2-1 ti termi and was with my buddy on a red hyper S
Thats right, I was there there Monday Aug 17th. I do remember seeing both of you guys riding around. The weather was decent that day but the rest of the week was full of scattered showers. My dad and I were in that area the whole week riding around and Monday was for sure the best day.

Nice to meet you and good observation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts