Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks, Ducati. :rolleyes:

No high, no low, and no parking lamp. All other lights work fine. The highbeam indicator is constantly lit no matter what the switch is set to.

I should have bought a Harley. At least they start and their headlights work, and I'm already used to leaking oil.

·
what's a Fly N Fink?
876 Posts
Thanks, Ducati. :rolleyes:

No high, no low, and no parking lamp. All other lights work fine. The highbeam indicator is constantly lit no matter what the switch is set to.

I should have bought a Harley. At least they start and their headlights work, and I'm already used to leaking oil.
sounds like the fuse blew. What model Monster???

If ya don't like the Duc, sell it and buy that Harley. Then when you blow a fuse and leak oil it'll be normal.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
My new Streetfighter started leaking oil from the oil cooler. It probably just wanted to fit in.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds like the fuse blew. What model Monster???
1100. The fuse is good, otherwise none of the lights would work (it's one fuse for all lights). I thought that it would be the connector, but that's fully seated and the wires appear to be connected.

If ya don't like the Duc, sell it and buy that Harley. Then when you blow a fuse and leak oil it'll be normal.
I like the bike, I just should have stuck with my largely trouble-free ST4s.

·
Registered
123 Posts
doesn't your bike have warranty?

can't they look at it for u?

did it get wet recently? riden or left in the rain?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tracked down the cause and, just as I suspected, it was related to the headlight assembly connector's ground wire. The wiring diagram shows that all three lights run on the same ground wire in pin #2.

I figured it would simply be loose, but no. The surrounding plastic was burned/charred. Apparently the connection was under-engineered and the current running across it is too great, meaning that there was too much resistance, which of course created heat.

Time to take it in for this plus the oil leak plus for the third time for cold starting.

Good times.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Tracked down the cause and, just as I suspected, it was related to the headlight assembly connector's ground wire. The wiring diagram shows that all three lights run on the same ground wire in pin #2.

I figured it would simply be loose, but no. The surrounding plastic was burned/charred. Apparently the connection was under-engineered and the current running across it is too great, meaning that there was too much resistance, which of course created heat.

Time to take it in for this plus the oil leak plus for the third time for cold starting.

Good times.
I had to replace my headlight connector two times before I figured out what went wrong with my headlight. No fun at all, I just thought it was a short at first. I feel your pain.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts