Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have done the Lithium Grease on the clutch plates, have you ever had an issue with the clutch sticking?

I tried the grease trick last year at the beginning of the year to get rid of the screeching noise and it worked well for most of the season, but then the screeching came back and the clutch started sticking on me. Driving down the road towards a top sign, pull in the clutch and wait a second for it to actually disengage. Down shifts were tough, etc... I pulled the clutch pack and about half the disks were stuck together. I cleaned them up like normal and they were fine, but is this something I'm going to have to expect with this clutch now that the grease is on there?

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
That’s one of the things that the grease treatment is supposed to help. Clean them , grease them, wipe them off, and reinstall them. Nothing lasts forever.

Reactions: bcmonster

·
Registered
126 Posts
Greased my clutch plates about two years ago - no sticking...

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Definitely no issue with mine after the grease trick 4 years ago. I am due to do this again.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm pretty sure I followed the directions, but I don't know that I'll be doing this again to my clutch.

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
That’s definitely your call to make.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Spray greased and wiped mine a couple of years ago.Much smoother takeup and none of the hot engine clutch snatch and zero sticking problems.I recommend to anyone.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Do you have any wear on your clutch drum, sometimes when they are worn the clutch plates stick in the groves and don't release smoothly. How many miles on your clutch? Pictures would be good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts