Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys, today is the best day! i just read in the paper today that a Grand Prix One circuit will be built in Romania starting next year!

here;s the link http://www.ziua.ro/display.php?data=2007-12-12&id=230611 though i don't think anybody would understand a word :rolleyes:

long story short:
this summer, a formula 3 race was organized in bucharest on an improvised track, around the House of Parliament (basically they put a better tarmac and closed the streets during the event). The event was very well received by people and now, South Pacific Group wants to invest in a Grand Prix One track in Snagov, a little town 10 km outside Bucharest. It's not a rumor: They have already chose the field, talked to the mayor and local authorities and construction is due to start next year.
It's going to be a 300 milion $ investment. The complex will include a 4 star hotel, commercial mall, playing ground for kids, cafeterias & restaurants and... of course, a track of about 3,8 km :yeah:

Can you believe it? It's still kind of a dream to me. We're going to have a professional track. I'm going to do track days like you guys do! This is the best news for 2007.
We currently have a track near Bucharest but it's 1.2 km long so not that much of a thing

I'm counting the days...

·
Registered
357 Posts
That's awesome news bud... Good one! I've been trying to get Botswana interested in building a track fir a few years - would save me trekking to SA everytime I want to do a track day. For you that's awesome news.. Good one bud - I'd be interested to see you start a thread with updated photos of the track being built.

·
Registered
67 Posts
New track

I'm happy for you. I started doing trackdays two years ago, and it's a blast. Your street riding becomes less aggressive, and your skills and knowledge of what are bikes are capable of goes up! I also have to admit that I am spoiled having several tracks within hours to ride, I hadn't really thought of not having a track. p.s. it's addicting!!!!!

·
Registered
558 Posts
THat is fantastic! I have been lucky enough to have visited Romania back in '01. I love that place and the people are great! I realize that Romania is still an emerging nation with plenty of woes, but this will help. Look how the Czech grand prix is going! ie: Eastern Europe. Also been in the UAE, I would be much more inclined to visit Bucharest than the UAE for it's GP. No offense UAE members.

Great news!!!!

Mark :)

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
marxred749s said:
Also been in the UAE, I would be much more inclined to visit Bucharest than the UAE for it's GP. No offense UAE members.

What? You dont like 50 degree heat, 95% humidity, endless sandy scenery, cars driving at rocketspeed, fake palm trees, sand, dust and half a million people who never ever heard of the word "driver competency".

Apart from that, what is there not to like about the place?
:D

SF

·
Registered
558 Posts
Safetyfish,

My sentiments exactly, that and I use to live in the wonderful Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, that might be why I am kind of luke warm to the whole peninsula.

However, I am really anticipating the night gp race. I bet this coming year there might be almost 10,000 spectators! Wow, now that is progress!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'll keep you up with the progress. But so far, there are only negotiations and so. The construction is due to start in 4-5 months

1 - 8 of 8 Posts