Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wrestling with the whole GPS idea for the bike. Still not decided. But I did find something neat that is helpful when meeting up with people. If you have a "smart" phone with GPS capabilities, there is a program called GPSed, that costs all of $10. What it does is allows you to use your GPS (even if you have a crappy phone that attempts to lock out all other devices like the BB curve from Alltel does) With it, it tracks you live on a map, gives you all the speed info etc, heading...

But the neat thing it does is that it is able to email or upload the info in real time to say someone you are meeting from another city/state.. Or if you have a nervous spouse, they can follow you along and see if you are going to make it to the inlaws in time... Or you can track your children and monitor if they speed (additional cost). If you both are running it, you don't have to guess where they are, you see them because you are tracking one another. Anyway, for ten bucks, it's sort of neat. If you don't want live tracking you can SMS message someone your location, or email. Anyway... check um out at GPSed.com.

My only issue is of course opening up any web page not properly formatted for a handheld.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Good idea Bill, I will try to incorporate that into my phone too, great for when you need it and away when you don't. I have noticed the lack of storage but only when I think about it... otherwise... holy crap!! lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts