Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

What is everyone using for a GPS mount on their hyper?

I looked at the ram ez-strap mount, but not sure how secure it is, and I have read mixed reviews about it.

I really liked what the one person came up with here a few weeks ago and want to mount the GPS above the handle bar clamps like he did, but I don't have access to a machine shop so I need to buy something 'off the shelf'.

Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Hi

What is everyone using for a GPS mount on their hyper?

I looked at the ram ez-strap mount, but not sure how secure it is, and I have read mixed reviews about it.

I really liked what the one person came up with here a few weeks ago and want to mount the GPS above the handle bar clamps like he did, but I don't have access to a machine shop so I need to buy something 'off the shelf'.

Thanks for the help
i bought a mount from e bay just clamps around bars,has ball mount just like the car mount.
just need to buy a new wire and i put a battery tender end on a garmin harness. so i can plug it into battery when riding.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[
just need to buy a new wire and i put a battery tender end on a garmin harness. so i can plug it into battery when riding.[/QUOTE]

That is a great idea about the wire, thanks.

I will look again on ebay and see what they have

·
Registered
136 Posts
I use this one:

It is Givi Universal GPS Bag S950 with handlebar mounting system.
Gives some protection from rain if your phone/GPS isn't waterproof.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I use this one:

It is Givi Universal GPS Bag S950 with handlebar mounting system.
Gives some protection from rain if your phone/GPS isn't waterproof.
I like it too bad it won't fit my TomTom XXL540, DOH!

·
Registered
38 Posts
RAM Mounts makes a variety of mounts that get good reviews on Amazon. They have a waterproof box for my phone (Aqua Box Pro 20) that should be coming out soon, so I will probably hold out for that. Previously I have just used the clear window in my tank bag to protect my GPS, but that prevents use of the touch screen while on the move.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i have a ram mount and they are pretty sturdy...only use mine for radar detector and ipod...sticks with interloc velcro then i use a velcro hook and loop strap jus for saftey but doesnt need it unless a crash happens...and i crash tested it as well..and you know what>>>?..it works!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts