Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to advice from this forum.

I mounted my Garmin 2610 GPS using suggestions from this forum. The unit is centered [love that] and does not block the instrument panel. It can be repositioned higher if my tank bag is used in the extended position.

http://www.pbase.com/marc60biker/vistacruise [last 3 pics].

Using RAM GRAD / GRAB11 / GRANA and Tucker Rocky slip lock bolt assembly for the handle bar ID [remove rubber plug]. I replaced the supplied 8mm bolt with a stainless hex head bolt and washer.

I bought the RAM cradle as well as the Garmin cradle for the 2610 unit, but I prefer the Garmin design. It is smaller and has a recess that captures the plug termination [3rd pic, right side of cradle].

Very slick. Thanks again.

·
Registered
145 Posts
GPS ST4S mounting

Can you post a pic on your pbase or this site of the end of the handlebar where you screwed the RAM into the bar end. I have the 2004 ST4s and a RAM system just need the GPS and the Back plate that you have shown.. I am looking at getting the new Garmin Quest.

Nice pics of western ride.. check out my stuff at www.pbase.com/reb

·
Registered
299 Posts
Wish I could find the post about this on the old version of this forum.

Hope this helps.

:)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yup, Marc, that's exactly how I have my Quest mounted, even down to replacing the supplied bolt with one that does not have the bevel (thought it would hold better).

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
I mounted my iWay 500c to my ST-3. It works great. Its nice to have the GPS, especially when you are travelling on roads that you have never been on. I used the handle bar mounting insert also. It fit right in there. I'll post some pics when I take them.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Where do I order that little bolt system from

That is so cool ... I pulled the plug out of my bar and nice little hole just waiting to have that little expander bolt shoved into it.. Where can I get one.. Do you have a web address for one.. I alread have the RAM device.. Great pics by the way..

·
Registered
286 Posts
1upDuc said:
Where can I get one.. Do you have a web address for one.. I alread have the RAM device..QUOTE]

I got mine through the local dealer. Take the part number that LiquidSilver provided in one of his pics of the bolt itself.

·
Registered
403 Posts
That is a great location for the mount on the newer ST's! The GPS wont go through large swings like when it is mounted nearer the control switches on the bars.

On the 98 to 03 ST's there is a tapped hole in front of the top triple clamp that is handy for mounting your favorite GPS mount.

Dave Harhay

·
Registered
887 Posts
Do you happen to know how much the iWay 500c weighs? Lowrance doesn't list the weight with the other specifications on their website. The iWay 500c manual I downloaded didn't have the weight listed either.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Mike,

I don't have a scale here were I'm working. It feels like it weighs about as much as a can of pop. Maybe a little more. I would guess about a pound. When I get home I can weight it, but that wont be until Feb.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ok. Costco is selling the IWay 350C for $399.. I have just one quick question about it being mounted on the Ducati.. How well will it hold up if I get caught in a Virginia downpour while riding. Will it fry the second a rain drop hits it. I have been looking at the Garmin Quest 2 because it has the ability to withstand some water being splashed on it and not frying the system. Have you been cuaght in a quick rain shower and not fry your IWay???

·
what's a Fly N Fink?
879 Posts
RickC1957 said:
Great minds think alike:D
Rick, which mount did you use for the detector? Is it the RAM mag. mount? And I asked somewhere else, but is the ball the 11 MM one? and lastly, whick length arm?

Thanks,

·
Registered
455 Posts
GPS mount

Following the links and suggestions on this forum, I got my little GPS
mounted up on the ST4S using the expander bolt and ram accessory.
Great idea! Now I need to learn how to hard wire it, but still have it detachable.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Had an opportunity to try the setup on a long ride today. Works great. I like the position because it doesn't require much head turning or eye focusing to get a bearing. Now if I only could use all the features. I just suck at gps.
Is there a GPS For Dummies book?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.